Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Ideal goldfish Food For Fast Growth
RafflesGold Forums > Discussion Area > Fancy Goldfish
KenR60
Hello Everyone, is there a good Homemade Food to feed my Pond Goldfish to get them nice and Big. I'm in Australia so may not have access to a lot of the commercial Foods you show in the forum. Have around 60 Goldfish ( Comets, Ranchu, Fantails etc ) in around 8,000 litre pond. Pond is only a few months old and surounded by a ( soon to complete ) deck so we can sit and enjoy them. Any advice much appreciated
CP
Having lots of algae in you pond is a good start , otherwise koi food which are easily available is also a choice or you can try make your own paste food.

http://www.rafflesgold.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=1644

mikroll
hi kenr60,
with 60 hungry fish in an 8000 lt pond you better make sure they have plenty of fresh water and a lot of nice greens like plants and hair algae too eat. Mine are doing great on this stuff:
IPB Image

they also get tuna fish , shrimp and eggs. They have a live bearing relative of the guppy called gambusia which provides fresh live fry too.
goldrush
QUOTE(mikroll @ Sat, 06 Sep 2008 3:27 am) *

hi kenr60,
with 60 hungry fish in an 8000 lt pond you better make sure they have plenty of fresh water and a lot of nice greens like plants and hair algae too eat. Mine are doing great on this stuff:

they also get tuna fish , shrimp and eggs. They have a live bearing relative of the guppy called gambusia which provides fresh live fry too.

wow!At one glance I thought was some human snack offered at the supermarket shelf!!!!I don't think we can have it here nor even in Australia. biggrin.gif Maybe you can tell us of its specification like protein percentage,ash,moisture...etc However the raw ingredients look promising wink.gif
KenR60
No this isn't available in Australia ( Especially looking at the non-english writing ) there are many other Cat Foods available so is this a Dry mix?
Kinder
Hi KenR60,

If im not mistaken you are from Brisbane area (i could be wrong), in case you are...you can always go to Petcity store at Mt Gravatt. They have started to stock some Hikari lionhead pellet food and also Hikar for koi. A bit pricey but best growth food for goldfish in Oz. They also keep Hikari frozen bloodworms/brine shrimps if your interested.

If you are not from Brisbane area you can always use online website to get a range of pet products and at cheaper prices than in stores.

http://www.aquaticlifeaquariums.com.au/ (i usually get my stuff from this site)

Cheers
Kinder
mikroll
QUOTE(goldrush @ Sat, 06 Sep 2008 12:20 am) *

wow!At one glance I thought was some human snack offered at the supermarket shelf!!!!I don't think we can have it here nor even in Australia. biggrin.gif Maybe you can tell us of its specification like protein percentage,ash,moisture...etc However the raw ingredients look promising wink.gif

ha ha never know when the good doc is joking.... but think that the protein was about 29% . does not taste too bad either. hysterical.gif What do you feed your cats?
now this fry food pictured has given excellent growth results. Danish company, Bio-Mar, makes it for fish industry. As you can see is at 58% protein,15% fat,11% ash. fine ground 0.3mm and composed of fish products.
IPB Image

KenR60
QUOTE(Kinder @ Sat, 06 Sep 2008 3:57 pm) *

Hi KenR60,

If im not mistaken you are from Brisbane area (i could be wrong), in case you are...you can always go to Petcity store at Mt Gravatt.
Cheers
Kinder

Good Guess .. Yes Brisbane and about 20min from there. Will see if 'Age of Aquariums' here in Browns Plains can get them as they would be 30 or more % cheaper then Pet City.

Ken

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.