Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Food For Black Ranchu
RafflesGold Forums > Discussion Area > Fancy Goldfish
Pages: 1, 2
domho7
Intend to get a black ranchu. Is it true that if Black ranchus are fed with color enhancing food, they will lose their blackness.

Appreciate if can enlighten on this. smile.gif
void
actually, it depends on the fish loh... i have two black ranchus... one of them remain black... and the other now all orange liao... have been giving them the same food... hmm.gif

but to be safe... feed them frozen bloodworm and wheat germ lor... anyway, can safe money to buy expensive pellets... biggrin.gif

can combine with white ranchus... they dun need color enhancing pellets too... wink.gif
CyberET
depends on genes liaoz
if u feed color enhancing food, it'll enhance the red pigments, turning the fish gold...
but if the fish doesn't have much red pigments, the black coloration should be fairly stable.. but who knows what will happen when u feed baozhenghong biggrin.gif
Hazy
I think Spirulina or beta carotene is used to enhance the colour of goldfish.Beta carotene is suitable for red goldfish because it enhance red but not suitable for black.If i am not wrong, the only food enhance for black goldfish is Spirulina.Please correct me if i am wrong.
caster
QUOTE(Hazy @ Wed 31 Mar 2004 11:06 PM)
I think Spirulina or beta carotene is used to enhance the colour of goldfish.Beta carotene is suitable for red goldfish because it enhance red but not suitable for black.If i am not wrong, the only food enhance for black goldfish is Spirulina.Please correct me if i am wrong.

It's genes dependent !! My black Thai AAA ranchu remain black whereas china black ranchu becomes "tie bao jin"
Seacucumber
hazy is right about spirulina....its natural and can enchance red or black...

caster, try feeding your black ranchu with those artificial colour enchancers and you will find slight colour fade on the belly of your fish......hehe...
Hazy
Is that any pure spirulina or fishfood with very high content of spirulina in the market?
mountain
pure spirulina is available from pharmacy as a human supplyment, i am tempted to try. [maybe try on LH]
HappyBuddha
QUOTE(mountain @ Fri 02 Apr 2004 05:33 PM)
pure spirulina is available from pharmacy as a human supplyment, i am tempted to try. [maybe try on LH]

You could ask bro laser how well the spirulina powder works...

http://www.rafflesgold.com/forums/index.ph...=findpost&p=523
caster
QUOTE(Hun Citizen @ Fri 02 Apr 2004 05:43 PM)
Remember the the "Slim10" case?

The defence lawyer quoted the use of spirulina tablets which may create some havoc to the complainant's liver(*though very rare case).

I am gonna discard my green water away leow.sad.gif

you abandoning green water liao ?? why?? I was about to start mine
LASERGUY
QUOTE(HappyBuddha @ Fri 02 Apr 2004 06:16 PM)
You could ask bro laser how well the spirulina powder works...

http://www.rafflesgold.com/forums/index.ph...=findpost&p=523

Not useful...Switch to goldfish veggies liao...
mountain
QUOTE(Hun Citizen @ Fri 02 Apr 2004 05:43 PM)
Remember the the "Slim10" case?

The defence lawyer quoted the use of spirulina tablets which may create some havoc to the complainant's liver(*though very rare case).

I am gonna discard my green water away leow.sad.gif

i am taking them lei .. u saw my size, i anytime can catch up with allan .
took a simple free health checkup and i am 10kg overweight mad.gif

goldfish veggies .. hmm .. almost buy tat nite but bought JBL instead.

wat happen vix? Is the green water making the fish go out of shape?? One risking thing about green water i find is .. if one of the fish is sick and the green water turns brown, the bad water is really gonna affect the rest of the fish.
Seacucumber
can anyone post a pic of brown green water?? rolleyes.gif
HappyBuddha
QUOTE(mountain @ Fri 02 Apr 2004 09:16 PM)
goldfish veggies .. hmm .. almost buy tat nite but bought JBL instead.

Kekeke. The veggie is supplement for all fishes... but the JBL is meant as stable food for fishes in QT. wink.gif
mountain
QT!! how many fish didn't make it pass QT!! tats expensive stuff man wink.gif
i just feed normal pellets during QT wink.gif
mountain
QUOTE(g-string @ Fri 02 Apr 2004 09:25 PM)
can anyone post a pic of brown green water??  rolleyes.gif

yur house got milo?? mix a tea spoon into 1.5 l of water.. tats how brown water from green water looks like .. and its stinks ..
HappyBuddha
QUOTE(g-string @ Fri 02 Apr 2004 09:25 PM)
can anyone post a pic of brown green water??  rolleyes.gif

Don't worry. You'll recognize it the moment you see it happen to your tub (touch wood!). Instead of the usual green, your water will be, yeah... milo brown. Kept indoors it will stink up the whole room too.

yuk.gif
Seacucumber
hmm....like mixing mud and water??
mountain
pengz .. alreadi 2 person ask you go to your kitchen use milo to mix liao ..
after u mix milo with water, u see brown water, then can carry on to drink it .. dun waste happydance.gif

serious.. if its brown, u can tell something is wrong already. brown and green are 2 far off colors.
desireless
QUOTE(mountain @ Fri 02 Apr 2004 11:19 PM)
pengz .. alreadi 2 person ask you go to your kitchen use milo to mix liao ..
after u mix milo with water, u see brown water, then can carry on to drink it .. dun waste  happydance.gif

serious.. if its brown, u can tell something is wrong already. brown and green are 2 far off colors.

HAHAaaa...

eh then hor, what is the recommended "Food For Black Ranchu"? smile.gif
Hazy
Maybe charcoal? peace.gif

By the way,i read from some post saying that black goldfish is best kept a a lower PH,is this true?
mountain
i am using HiKari's pellets.

so far, the infos in gathered are "NOT" to use pellets that enhance red. seems like noone has particularly 1 type of pellet to use.

now. lets look from the breeder point of view. (without taking into account genes) do they rear black goldfish together with other colored goldfish? Those AAA grades one i would assume they seperate Blacks with Blacks , Red with Red. breeders use what type of pellets?? it wouldn't be wat the dragons and peacocks market has to offer... i put my dime on blood worms and growth pellets.
HappyBuddha
lemme put in my two cents worth... but first I should declare I don't like black fish so I seldom pay close attention on how to rare them.

the common concensus is thai bred the best black ranchus.

we also know thai prefer to use clear water

we know green water's pH is in excess of 8, and sometimes as high as 11. 9 seems to be the norm.

is that why we say it's best to keep black ranchu in low pH since the thai breeders use clear water??

but why did ET's black demekin turned deep black after spaing in green water?
Hazy
I recall that rainbow is selling special pellet for black ranchu only.I think it cost about $12.Had any one try??
mrchoco
QUOTE(Hazy @ Sun 04 Apr 2004 01:42 AM)
I recall that rainbow is selling special pellet for black ranchu only.I think it cost about $12.Had any one try??

probably can get the same thing else where for half the price.
laugh.gif
Hazy
i know rainbow stuff is expensive.but so far i only saw it at rainbow.
mountain
so wat is it??
Hazy
I will take a photo if i intend to get the pellet from rainbow. smile.gif
Hazy
This is the pellet i am talking about,it cost me $13 at rainbow.Did any one of you try before?

IPB Image
HappyBuddha
QUOTE(Hazy @ Sun 04 Apr 2004 04:15 PM)
This is the pellet i am talking about,it cost me $13 at rainbow.Did any one of you try before?

User Posted Image

The bottle proudly declare it as "Made in Japan".

Er... the last time I check, the Japanese don't even like/keep Black fish so how can they know what's good for it? laugh.gif
Hazy
Did anyone use the pellet before?When i open it,it smell like prawn leh.
Anyway buy already,try and see lor.Maybe it is really good.
This way i feel better lah cry.gif
desireless
QUOTE(Hazy @ Sun 04 Apr 2004 04:15 PM)

User Posted Image

Got Jappo words there also wor... mai pray pray hor!

QUOTE(mountain @ Sat 03 Apr 2004 09:29 AM)
i am using HiKari's pellets.

so far, the infos in gathered are "NOT" to use pellets that enhance red. seems like noone has particularly 1 type of pellet to use.

My worry about Hikari is that it has 12%Ash. I see the china "bao zheng hong" and other "red enhancing" pellet brands has 16% Ash percentage so I have this unproven idea that Ash % will be useful to enhancing red colour.
Seacucumber
the words on the packaging contradicts itself...

its for black ranchu and yet you can see the words "special red" written on it...
wierd boh??
Hazy
Below is the address for the pellet

IPB Image
Seacucumber
actually Rainbow have the whole range of food under same manufacturer....
for luohan, goldfish, guppy, betta, discus etc....

this is a sales gimmick, they just anyhow humtum a address, print those labels and stick onto the bottles of malaysian or taiwan produced junk food...and wala....instantly can jack up the prices liao.....

japanese might make food for betta and guppy lah...
but luohan??? dun think so wor.....

can guarantee that the address printed is a phoney one... happydance1.gif
Jos Nana
One month later, go back to shop :

Cust : How come cannot, my black boh liao leh ?

RBow : How much you feed, not enough lah, what ??? still have from last bottle ? People one week use one bottle. You feed no enough. Must finish one bottle in a week. Buy some more ! Next month your fish I guarantee black until the asshole also cannot see !

One month further later,
Cust : Hello , still cannot, fish now turning olange !

RBow, How often you change water, change too much liao. Got add supplement and vitamins or not ? No have ah ? No Wonder lah ? Must add "Xxx" miracle powder every day. Once a week, must add "Yyy" vitamin droplets. To keep good fish , must keep good water first mah. Nah Buy these 2 things. Aiyah, chin chai lah, I give you 10% discount. Ah, you must also stand by this, this, this, medicine.........

One further month later,
Cust : Hello, really cannot lah, the whole fish now olange already !
R.Bow : I think Must be your lighting, you must change your light. Use this brand we specially imported from China, ops no Japan, this super duper light is proven, all Japanese top breeder, like Yahamah, Kawasaki, Mitsubishi.... only use this brand of light.

Next Month,
R.Bow : How's your fish ???
Cust : Die liao.
R.Bow : Off course die lah, if not where I got business !
Hazy
Next time not going to buy any product my rainbow mad.gif
manammakan
QUOTE(Hazy @ Mon 05 Apr 2004 01:39 PM)
Next time not going to buy any product my rainbow mad.gif

Yo,Hazy mai angry lah...

Got good news for you!

Check out the photo ....

IPB Image
manammakan
Its aquarium salt I bought from them last december when I started keeping goldfish.

Same address also hor.

Btw, I just bought a black ranchu on saturday,

if you dont want the pallet can let me try laugh.gif laugh.gif

IPB Image
manammakan
QUOTE(Hun Citizen @ Mon 05 Apr 2004 10:27 PM)
The aquarium salt.... bought it low and sold it high to you. laugh.gif

Yeah lor, what to do....

that time new bird mah,

so kenna tok tor. cry.gif
Seacucumber
where you buy your black ranchu from?? shiok.gif
Hazy
Sure manammakan ,give half of the bottle to try if you want.I had PM you my contact number smile.gif
white horse T1
QUOTE(g-string @ Tue 06 Apr 2004 08:23 AM)
where you buy your black ranchu from??  shiok.gif

let me guess

Neo Tiew 35A??
so far they are the only one got pitch black ranchu
domho7
QUOTE(manammakan @ Mon 05 Apr 2004 10:26 PM)
Its aquarium salt I bought from them last december when I started keeping goldfish.

Same address also hor.

if you dont want the pallet can let me try laugh.gif  laugh.gif

User Posted Image

your black ranchu chin swee ah shiok.gif
caster
QUOTE(manammakan @ Mon 05 Apr 2004 10:26 PM)

Same address also hor.

if you dont want the pallet can let me try laugh.gif  laugh.gif

User Posted Image

wah.... u black ranchu very Swee... got some side view shots good_very.gif
Seacucumber
105 A neo tiew lah....
was there on SUn....bloody hell, heavy rain...
his fish damn ex....
quoted me $50 for the blackies.....very small for $50 so i didn't buy.....
and his topviews are expensive also....200 -300 bucks! Thai somemore...
haiz....
manammakan
QUOTE(g-string @ Tue 06 Apr 2004 05:47 PM)
105 A neo tiew lah....
was there on SUn....bloody hell, heavy rain...
his fish damn ex....
quoted me $50 for the blackies.....very small for $50 so i didn't buy.....
and his topviews are expensive also....200 -300 bucks! Thai somemore...
haiz....

Yes, I bought them from Neo tiew 105.

$50 ex meh? straits selling small one for $80 big one $150,

and not so nice, tummy no black.
CyberET
straits ah.. of course ex la biggrin.gif
u drive simi car there? rofl.gif
manammakan
Oh, like that one ah ohmy.gif

I look at their fish while they look at my car. blush.gif
desireless
So go there by your "KAHs" will be best
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.