Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Optimum Water Height For Goldfish Tank?
RafflesGold Forums > Discussion Area > Green Water, Filtration and Tank Setup
Freshman
Hello..

what's the optimum water level height for goldfish tank?

i'm currently using a normal glass tank 2 x 1 x 1.5.....do ur think it's tooo deep??

happydance.gif

pls advise

Freshman
max
It depend on the type of goldfish, those with small or short caudal tail eg ranchu or the short tail ryukin should be kept in a low level water not exceeding 1.2 ft in height.

The above is my own guildline for safe goldfish keeping.
CyberET
don't worry about water height so much as long as its less than 1.5ft, worry about not having enough water first smile.gif
mrchoco
good_very.gif
nanik
QUOTE(Freshman @ Tue 30 Mar 2004 08:57 AM)
Hello..

i'm currently using a normal glass tank 2 x 1 x 1.5.....do ur think it's tooo deep??

happydance.gif

pls advise

Freshman

Hi,

For ranchu the optimum water height is between 20-30cm but for 15cm and above (Oya size) you can keep them in water level above 40cm it's ok.

With such a low water level please watch and make sure the temperature doens't fluctuates too much and also maintain the pH level so as it doens't drop below 7 and goes above 7.8 (8.0 tops/max)
RBT
Hi bro CyberET,me curious.

Have seen discovery channel etc. those deep sea fishes when brought to surface(fishes look very bloated)then they put needle into air bladder
to release these air.after that fishes look normal!!!.the way they swim like nothing happened--yeoh so bright were r the sunglasses hehehehe

how about gfs(freshwater fishes) if we put them in lets say 4-5ft deep water anything will happen to them??

can enlighten me ??tks
CyberET
deep sea fish le.. thats a kilometre, or deeper, the water pressure at that depth is extremely high, meaning oxygen in the bloodstream is also at that kinda pressure, naturally when they r brought to surface in a short period of time, that high pressure gas will expand and make them bloated

even humans who do diving below certain depth need to equalize at different depth to get out of water safely.. failure to do so could result in burst veins, blood oozing out of your 7 "holes" laugh.gif or coma..

but for 4-5ft.. thats a metre plus nia le.. the main worry should be r u able to aerate the water at the bottom portion well, low o2 water is breeding ground of bad bacteria.. also its dangerous to have such deep ponds without proper fencing done biggrin.gif

as for goldfish.. the deeper water may affect their growth rate (this i'm not sure) as the gfs i kept in 3ft water turn out fine
Seacucumber
QUOTE(Freshman @ Tue 30 Mar 2004 09:57 AM)
Hello..

happydance.gif

pls advise

Freshman

2 ft tank is not big enough for your goldfish to grow well....
as wat ET and the others had mentioned, dun worry about height.....
RBT
Thanks a lot Bro CyberET

thats good news.depth not an issue then.(those bros with tanks deeper than 2ft got hands extensions or not hehehe)
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.