Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Gemination
RafflesGold Forums > Discussion Area > Fancy Goldfish
goldrush

By definition,germination is a process whereby a seed develops into a young plant in the presence of moist,warmth and air.Similarly GEMINATION should denote a process whereby a gem(rare specimen) is allowed to develop into a fine specimen given the luxury of space,excellent water conditions,ample light,nourishing food and a set of good genes

Here I have a specimen.A bubble-eyed with a dorsal fin!Is it a freak or an acceptable variant?Western goldfish societies and clubs may frown at it and regard it as non conformity to the standards of a normal a bubble eyed.Here in the Orient,we do regard it as an acceptable aberration.A similar fish which won in the last Aquarama 2007 under the open category speaks volume of its acceptance here.You can judge this for your self.
This fish is barely 3 inches across(head to tail),yet to shed its juvenile discoloration but already shows much exuberance and vigour with its excellent finnages.

IPB ImageIPB Image
goldrush
Another pic under flash biggrin.gif

IPB Image

and lastly some swimming posture for your viewing pleasure

Enjoy wink.gif
goldrush
Just to recap,this was the bubble eyed goldfish with a dorsal that won at Aquarama 2007....though the bubbles look a bit deflated then:blush

n-bie
Definitely a germ Doc, altough not much in bubbled eyes, but never see one with dorsal fin in lfs here.
good_very.gif
cheers
Siung
churico4ever
Hi Doc,

Thats a beauty! with rare qualities, where did you get that? did you breed that?
junkeatng
It's an excellent piece. Nice body proportions and finnage. If the bubbles were bigger, it would be even more imposing. Perhaps as it grows the bubbles can be developed further. One with a dorsal fin is comparatively rare. In Malaysia, I have yet to spot even one of these. Consequently, my bubble eyes are all dorsal-less.
goldrush
QUOTE(churico4ever @ Wed, 26 Nov 2008 10:16 pm) *

Hi Doc,

Thats a beauty! with rare qualities, where did you get that? did you breed that?

No I am not quite a breeder but a LFS brought in for me rolleyes.gif
goldrush
QUOTE(junkeatng @ Thu, 27 Nov 2008 10:06 am) *

It's an excellent piece. Nice body proportions and finnage. If the bubbles were bigger, it would be even more imposing. Perhaps as it grows the bubbles can be developed further. One with a dorsal fin is comparatively rare. In Malaysia, I have yet to spot even one of these. Consequently, my bubble eyes are all dorsal-less.

Yes a fully developed and complete dorsal is a rare find.Usually we see those that have incomplete formation sticking out like a sore thumb laugh.gif
churico4ever
its very hard to find a good shape of dorsal fin especially a bubble eye with a nice buble...

Doc, share some ^^ hehehehe
Forever-mango
Doc, its definitely rare. How did you get that?
jaji68
Guys, I bought one 2 inch specimen about 3 and a half months ago at the Cheras Aquarium (behind PGRM building, KL) at RM 36. It is a beauty and the dorsal fin make the fish make much more stable and active than normal bubbles eyes. Mine was pure white but changes colour to splashes of grey on the bubbles and fin tips (no not ammonia burn, it is still in that colour till this day). Love it. Will try to get some photos posted when I'm back home in Ipoh.
jaji68
Guys,

As promised some photos of my bubble eyes with dorsal fin. Its about 4 inches now from head to fin.

Picture1.jpg

Picture2.jpg

Picture4.jpg
jaji68
more photos....

Picture4.jpg

Picture5.jpg
jaji68
Oops... repost the same picture.

Picture3.jpg
goldrush
good_very.gif Thanks for sharing your dorsalled bubble-eyed.Yours have geminated into a beautiful parti-colored specimen.The top view pattern shows an abstract painting with that trailing INAZUMA stroke which further enhance its beauty.Mine have lost all its juvenile blacks and is now full orange blush.gif
jaji68
QUOTE(goldrush @ Tue, 03 Feb 2009 2:22 pm) *

good_very.gif Thanks for sharing your dorsalled bubble-eyed.Yours have geminated into a beautiful parti-colored specimen.The top view pattern shows an abstract painting with that trailing INAZUMA stroke which further enhance its beauty.Mine have lost all its juvenile blacks and is now full orange blush.gif

Thanks Goldrush. Am unsure whether the black (grey) would stay on. As you may notice the photos are taken at different times. The first photo (latest) showed that the bubbles has partially turned to white!
Inazuma stroke! Wow! to my unlearned eyes (pointed out by my cousin sister) it looks like the Prancing Horse of Ferrari....

How's the bubble growth on yours?
goldrush
A Value added connotation (Ferrari)biggrin.gif

The bubbles are growing.Will show you if I got time to snap,snap ,snap.....
bekko
Beautiful fish jaji.

Doc, this is drifting off the topic but still concerns bubble-eye.... One of my dorsal-less calico bubble eye has a yellow eye. It is not yellow pigment on the skin, but the fluid in the sack is canary yellow instead of clear. When it first appeared I thought it was an infection and assumed the fish would either get better or die. Well, that was four to five months ago and the fish still seems healthy except for the yellow eye. The yellow eye is still the same size as the normal eye and both eyes have grown some. Any idea what this is???

-steve
goldrush
Hello Steve

In bubble eye,you are right that when the fluid within turns opaque (like pus)we assume the presence of an infection.If it doesnit kill the fish we assume it to be low grade or rather a localised infection.You may want to deliberately puncture the sac(both sacs)and let it heal from there.However the sacs may not recover to their original size most of the time. rusure.gif
bekko
Thank you sir. I'll work on it.

-steve
goldrush

Here's the fish

IPB ImageIPB Image

jaji68
I must say it looks fantastic. Intense colour and superbly healthy. The bubble growth is beautiful! good_very.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.