Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: From Calico To Sakura
RafflesGold Forums > Discussion Area > Fancy Goldfish
goldrush
Hey just take a look at this transformation in just six months.A supposedly blue based calico has been reduced to almost a Sakura,shedding all its blue and almost all its blacks!!!

Just to share one of disastrous keeping of goldrush puke.gif
clm2206
Hi Doc,

To me it's has nothing to do with your keeping method, it's genetic. In my short experience, I've noticed there are two types of calicos: the ones with rather small well defined red patches and the ones with large orange patches. Only the formers are stable "real" calicos, while the latters always tend to become sakuras. Although your fish had blue base, it also had large orange patches, which is not good for a calico.

Regards,

Carlos
goldrush
Halo Carlos

Thanks for the input.I got another calico (blue based) with similar light orangey patch at its ventral area.I have kept this fish much longer than the above but it still show no sign of color deterioration(degeneration of blue or blacks).Here's the fish

IPB Image

KokiBali
Hi Doc,

Agree with Carlos, I also think it's more to genetics because I know you've good keeping skills.

Do you keep those 2 calicos in the same tub?

Rgds,
William
goldrush
QUOTE(KokiBali @ Wed, 03 Dec 2008 11:37 am) *

Hi Doc,

Agree with Carlos, I also think it's more to genetics because I know you've good keeping skills.

Do you keep those 2 calicos in the same tub?

Rgds,
William

Hi William.Yes all calicos are housed within the same tub.Only one turns Sakura blush.gif
KokiBali
Well, same environtment, same water params, same keeping method, but only one turns Sakura. It surely genetics...

Kinder
Wow thats a big transformation. But good thing....the fish now looks more healthy....not gasping of air like before....
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.