Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Oddities Or Rarities
RafflesGold Forums > Discussion Area > Fancy Goldfish
Pages: 1, 2
goldrush
In Koi,there is a class called kawarimono that encompasses all varieties that simply does not conform to any of the recognised metallic groups.In goldfish,we do find some ocassional odd balls that may entice some collectors(like myself) to own and add to our standard collection

Some rare unique and one of a kind goldfish that do not fit into the usual colored groups and whose parentage remain unknown - are featured here. You either hate it or simply love it!Apart from the deviation of colors,patterns and scalation,the usual standard conformation still apply to such oddities.

This one has a blue netted scalation,not quite the Asagi traits but nevertheless an eye catcher.The body conformation is good but I wish the tail is more opened and headgrowth more pronounced blush.gif

IPB Image
IPB Image

Here's a video of this fish

To be continued................

ranchu_tan
Hi Doc, very nice ranchu there! shiok.gif I believe it will grow nice nice under yr care. Looking forward yr update its improvement in times to come. Thanks!
goldrush
Yet another piece.This one has better headgrowth,good curve and tail.The color coordination is unque in that it has a pretty dark base which is lined with gold rims(wish more of it though)

IPB Image

IPB Image

goldrush

IPB Image

Some movie

CP
Christmas comes early ? biggrin.gif

Unique calicos you have there.
n-bie
Oddities Or Rarities? Certainly rarities.
Very unique coloured ranchu you got there especially no 1. The funtan and wen is there, surely under your good care will improve alot. Future champ? shiok.gif
I wannnnnnnnnnnnnnn. biggrin.gif

Cheers
Siung
goldrush
Hereís another tiger swimming all around
Browsing through the tank without making any sound
Black and orange stripes falls across its beautiful skin
Little is known of all its origin

This tiger moves without any feet
Ever searching and looking for something to eat
This calico variant is another I happen to stumble
One of my favorites to show as I just canít stay humble

The rare colours of orange and the black
If you see one ,Iím sure you will attack
A typical season amount to less than twenty
Good specimens are far in between and never a plenty

So when next you do see a tiger
Donít be scared
After reading and seeing this
You will be very well prepared.

IPB Image
IPB Image

IPB Image
goldrush
Maybe this CROUCHING TIGER is a HIDDEN DRAGON(臥虎藏龍)

yes.gif
insanity
its a very unique and nice ranchu u got there. did u raised it from a baby? or got it from somewhere else
CP
I wonder how many tooths do you need to extract in order to purchase these............ rolleyes.gif
goldrush
QUOTE(CP @ Wed, 17 Dec 2008 2:25 pm) *

I wonder how many tooths do you need to extract in order to purchase these............ rolleyes.gif

This is the truth
Just like a sick tooth
Both give us pain
Tis not hard to explain
Extraction is not the only way you can guess
With that I just have to pay less hysterical.gif
goldrush
QUOTE(insanity @ Wed, 17 Dec 2008 12:04 pm) *

its a very unique and nice ranchu u got there. did u raised it from a baby? or got it from somewhere else

I got it from our LFS
insanity
Sorry, what is LFS? Thank you
kelvintam
QUOTE(goldrush @ Wed, 17 Dec 2008 11:10 pm) *

I got it from our LFS

Doc, wondering if its possible for me buy from your LFS in S'pore and bring it back to Malaysia without custom hassle?
goldrush
QUOTE(insanity @ Thu, 18 Dec 2008 12:44 pm) *

Sorry, what is LFS? Thank you

local fish shop biggrin.gif
goldrush
QUOTE(kelvintam @ Thu, 18 Dec 2008 1:00 pm) *

Doc, wondering if its possible for me buy from your LFS in S'pore and bring it back to Malaysia without custom hassle?

I think shouldn't be a problem....
teckheng
Hi Doc...

which LFS do u go usually ?
goldrush
QUOTE(teckheng @ Thu, 18 Dec 2008 2:41 pm) *

Hi Doc...

which LFS do u go usually ?

After so many years ppl still ask me the same question hmm.gif

This was written sometime back but all these are still my favorite haunts

http://www.rafflesgold.com/forums/index.ph...ic=4052&hl=
goldrush

This is one hell of a tiger!!!!!!!!

IPB Image

TIGER TIGER BURNING BRIGHT
LO BEHOLD,WHAT A BEAUTIFUL SIGHT
YOU ARE THE BEST TIGER I HAVE SEEN
TIGER,TIGER WHERE HAVE YOU BEEN
SEE IT ,WATCH IT,BUT DON'T EVEN BLINK
IF YOU ARE LUCKY IT WILL GIVE YOU A WINK wink.gif

IPB Image

Arguably one of the best tiger I've seen

IPB Image
goldrush
Ok time to unleash the tiger

churico4ever
OMG!

don't tell me you put this fish on a grill with fire before you video it huh doc?

what a fish! shiok.gif

this is one beauty!

I rather named it "Grilled Tiger Calico" hehehe what you think doc huh? tongue.gif

Rico
goldrush

FLAME GRILLED TO PERFECTION
SENDS CHILLS TO ALL DIRECTION
ranchu8
Hi Goldrush, was your first mature desire to be a dentist? smile.gif
goldrush

When I was young I aspire to become a doctor
Later I discover I would like to be a writer
I could recite every line of Romeo and Juliet
Gobble down every inch of Shakespere's Hamlet
Then I was almost send to the Art school
I was able to draw at 4 and everyone found me cool
But alas I'm neither all the above
Nevertheless I end up with a career I truly love.....

How's that for an answer? wacko.gif
Kinder
Truly awesome tiger calico fish...........real winner.

love the egg shaped body......not seen before on a tiger calicos (shown in forum)

if you have sourced this recently....must say it has been kept in good condition at the lfs.
really nice/deep red and black colour this fish has.....i guess only thing left for you to do is beef it up so it reaches 6 or more inches.

good catch.

kinder
goldrush
QUOTE(goldrush @ Tue, 16 Dec 2008 10:27 pm) *

Yet another piece.This one has better headgrowth,good curve and tail.The color coordination is unque in that it has a pretty dark base which is lined with gold rims(wish more of it though)

Exactly two months later ,this fish has blossomed with such volcanic activities that boast of burning flames that seem to leap from bottom up .A fish that truly shows its sheer magnificence with its burning desire to excel and achieve great heights!

IPB Image

More raging flames

IPB Image

Look at its unique head gear wacko.gif

IPB Image

No smoke without fire rolleyes.gif

goldrush
This is no Panthera tigris
But this is one fish you can't afford to give it a miss
He remains one of my fast growing calico
Why that is so? cos I really don't know
The colors are developing with each passing day
The strength is improving and that I hope it'll stay
The hood leaves much room for some improvement
That's the only area that lack in development
Looking forward to see it turns into a beautiful BIG CAT
With even coloration,bold and strong........Hmmm can he be my very best bet?

IPB ImageIPB Image
goldrush
All above still par below ...........the Panthera pardus (Leopard)

IPB Image

biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif
bennibrave
Very well kept and nice calicos u have goldrush, whats the diet of these fishes?

hmmm learn i must, may the force be with u... ;))
goldrush
QUOTE(bennibrave @ Tue, 17 Feb 2009 6:45 pm) *

Very well kept and nice calicos u have goldrush, whats the diet of these fishes?

hmmm learn i must, may the force be with u... ;))

hahaha perhaps you should read this secret manual:

IPB Image
bennibrave
mmm its really good if u can come out with a manual like this goldrush, indicating yr experiences and methods wahahaha

mmm make this book u must, most useful it will be for all young Apprentices ...
Kinder
QUOTE(bennibrave @ Thu, 19 Feb 2009 10:44 am) *

mmm its really good if u can come out with a manual like this goldrush, indicating yr experiences and methods wahahaha

mmm make this book u must, most useful it will be for all young Apprentices ...

I Agree with bennibrave, Doc.

At first, after seeing the manual picture you posted...i thought there is one already completed. Anyhow i would love to see this turning into reality some day.

Kinder
goldrush
QUOTE(Kinder @ Tue, 24 Feb 2009 5:32 am) *

I Agree with bennibrave, Doc.

At first, after seeing the manual picture you posted...i thought there is one already completed. Anyhow i would love to see this turning into reality some day.

Kinder

Hahaha meanwhile while waiting for the manual to materialise here''s something I can summarise and share with all.Whether you are grooming a calico,metallic or otherwise.....They still apply equally biggrin.gif

To groom a fish you have to look at.......................FLAWS

That's right,you did not hear me wrong .Just look at flaws.Not on your fish but yourself and what you can do for your fish.

F.L.A.W.S. is an abbreviated word that have the following

F: FOOD .Give them the best quality feed,though in moderation to achieve good coloration and balanced growth

L:LOVE and care canot be substituted .Your fish will reciprocate in time and bring joy to its keeper

A:ACCOMPLISHED.Strive to become an accomplished keeper with passion and dedication to bring out the best in your fish.You must be able to accept changes and modify your husbandry to achieve their needs.

W:WATER:The very essence of life for your fishes.Together with food in tandem,the amount of water changes determine optimal growth and beautiful coloration.

S:SUN the ultimate source of natural energy.Without it your fish will be a pale shadow of the past.With sun comes the proliferation of dependable variables which their abundance are essential to finish your fish at the highest level.

So do look at flaws.................IMPERFECTIONS on your part hysterical.gif

bennibrave
mmm.. very well said goldrush, can i ask something, em..

1)i am using an overhead tickle filter(transparent boxes one) and am not really satisfied with the results... its 6 levels high.. media is jap mat, bio balls, quartz glass and jap matt; water pump is mini hydro 1080liters per hr.

how should i go about improving it?

2) Also using a matrix canister at 1200liter per hr; media is bioballs,coral chips,quartz glass rings, lava pearls and biohome.

however i am not sure why my water quality seems to be still not very clear and my water has got slightly cloudy with the surface accumulating a lot of debris.

3)Did a water change in the night at 80%, water is till cloudy but surface has cleared up lot and looks better then previously.

My goldFishes don't look too good to me but they are not sick and still eating pellets and blood worms i feed to them.

Doc could u advise me on the benefits of overhead tickle filter and how should i go about to improve my current setup.
goldrush
Have you measured your nitrate levels?Please do.I see that you incorporate dual filtraton in your setup.Are you getting anywhere?I'm no longer an advocate of filter in a goldfish setup especially a canister one.You find that you become a slave to wash and to unclog your media frequently as goldfish are prolific waste producers.Now the FBW that you feed is going to poison your fish in no time as uneaten worms get sucked into the media and anaerobic bacteria may predominates your bacteria colony as a result.Your fish's growth will be retarded.The wen will shrink or breaks up into frequent rots and ulcers.

My advice is to do away with the canister and keep the trickle system.Try googling trickle filtration system and I'm sure you 'll be overwhelmed by a number of articles that carry the benefits of it.

I only go for good old sponge.It is economical,easy to install and most easy to clean.
Kinder
Do you think the cloudy water appeared after reintroducing your fish, after the 80% mentioned water change you did? Coz i find it strange that your water is still cloudy after 80% WC and two filtration systems running.

if not, please notice next time you do a WC. And Docs rite too, if you haven't properly cleaned your Canister you might get cloudy water appearing after a WC.

kinder
bennibrave
Thanks for your valuable replies...

1)ok for my canister filter ,how often should i wash the media?? can i do it once yearly or i have to do it every month?

2)FBW i feed using a feeding ring, the V shaped ones... i feed like 6 cubes once a day all at once so the FBW just fill the cone and the goldfish just have a go at it... i agree that some of the bloodworms might get into the canister filter as mine has a surface skimmer connected to it with some modifications to make it more efficient.

3)My tank is 2.9 feet x 1.45 x 1.45, how many fish u think i can keep inside and currently i am using a hydro mini air pump that pumps 1080Liters per hour to my overhead tickle filter.. is it good enough? i am think of adding another 400liters per hr?? if i get rid of my canister, should i increase my flow rate to 2000liters per hour by buying another hydro mini pump??

4)forgot to add that i am using also the cheap bacteria house media that they use for kio baki showers in my overhead tickle filter, its doing good as algae and bacteria sludge that is brown in color is growing heavily on the media.

5) btw i don't use nitrate testers or nitrite testers, i kinda just smell, observe the fish feeding habits and water surface /cloudiness etc. I am guessing my nitrate level is high... fish look tired

6)Can i put some java moss inside my overhead tickle filter, u think they will survive and grow?? u know its transparent so nearby the window with sunlight and overhead tickle filter got holes so should have air for the plant to breath etc...

Thanks for your help, hope to see u all at aquarama..
goldrush
One more oddity.This one resembles the former first fish shown(page 1)but with a better head growth

IPB Image

I like its thick back as seen from here

IPB Image
goldrush
It's eh female blush.gif

IPB Image

And I got a vision that one day it may become..................................this

IPB Image

rolleyes.gif
Carl
Is it just me or does this fish's colour look a little bit like a dead prawn? From time to time I see them but it doesn't sparkle.

goldrush
QUOTE(Carl @ Mon, 23 Mar 2009 6:18 pm) *

Is it just me or does this fish's colour look a little bit like a dead prawn? From time to time I see them but it doesn't sparkle.

Just give me a couple of months to see if I can add some sparkle on it wink.gif
Carl
How do you unmuddy that colour? Or does the colour settle naturally as the fish grows, does the black fade a bit on the surface, sinking deeper into the dermis, turning bluer like other calico? Between Hikari basic, sunshine cherry shrimp larva, and greenish water I reckon I can make drab into light but this one, I wouldn't even look twice?
goldrush
I'm new to this variety but given good water condition,the fish should darken over time to something like this

IPB Image

But I maybe wrong

This variety reminds me of the GOSHIKI(a five colored koi)

IPB Image

goldrush
It may deepen to something like the second fish on the first page

Here's the latest vid of that fish

Carl
Some reason vid not playing. That last darker colour is nicer. You get some interesting colour ranchu once in awhile. I saw one matt white on the belly almost leather like, then metallic brown on the back, quite a striking contrast. Tee hee cute fish huge pot belly.
fido
QUOTE(goldrush @ Mon, 23 Mar 2009 7:18 pm) *

Just give me a couple of months to see if I can add some sparkle on it wink.gif

goldrush,

Will this fish be on any colour enhancer pellets??
colour enhancer pellets will hv any effect?

if you don't mind...what pellets are you giving her?

Carl
Think colour enhanced food will make it more cloudy? Sunshine algae and plenty live food maybe?
goldrush
It's just isn't fair,
when death comes,
to someone who always care,
Separate from your life, over night,
Leaving me with no fight
Tis morning she still live
By evening one breath is all it could give
Her anal port has not only corroded
Her feminine vent has just exploded
Sad to see her go
That's always a female problem I'm told
Don't despair!
Although death, is always there.
Come another day
When death insists it'll stay
So don't fear death,
But look into its eye with one final breath
Everthing in life is no permanent
Each death I encounter in life is my treasured testament.

Sad to say,this piece died under my care without me able to share its progress.Such gynaecological problem is inherent in all life forms and there is nothing I can do to alleviate its suffering.A fish can turn for the worst without much signs.This is one such case. cry.gif
fido
Goldrush,

sorry to hear that...RIP..Ranchu

sad.gif
CP
QUOTE(goldrush @ Mon, 30 Mar 2009 8:08 pm) *

Such gynaecological problem is inherent in all life forms and there is nothing I can do to alleviate its suffering.

Bo pian lah.......................you dentist; not gynae. rolleyes.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.