Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Choice Of Wood Planking For Filter Cover
RafflesGold Forums > Discussion Area > Green Water, Filtration and Tank Setup
junkeatng
Hi All,

It's been many moons since my last post. In that time, I'm glad to announce that I've managed to find the offending leak in my pond and have since diverted the flow to bypass that section. Now I do not lose a single drop of water at all. What a relief!

I'm in the process of doing some extensive work on the pond (this time DIY...sometimes if you want something done right you have to do it yourself...what to do?). I plan to divert the waterfall pipe through some external PVC piping. Any exposed pipe, I'll try to conceal with artificial sandstone tiles. It will not look great but that's the best under the circumstances.

I have a question with regards to the type of wood that is used for fish pond planking. Certainly this type of wood has to be very rot resistant and tough. I've been advised by many to try Teak, Mangrove or Cengal Batu. I look forward to any advice you guys may have.

PS. Will start work on the pond soon. Hopefully can post some pictures on the progress.

Cheers!
CP
Common grade A timber available are cengal, balau or kempas. All are ok.
Cengal is more expensive and are prone to 'leaking' wood saps, so you may want to give it a miss.
junkeatng
Many thanks CP. Much appreciated!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.