Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Lionhead Question
RafflesGold Forums > Discussion Area > Fancy Goldfish
nygold
Lets say for a minute that a Mr.X had a Lionhead and he wanted to enter it in a competition in Singapore.
Mr.X enters his Lionhead with the other Lionheads under the Lionhead catogory.
Whould the Lionhead that looked most like a Ranchu win?

This was a tough question to phrase so please bare with me.

Lets me try it another way. If you had 3 Lionhead that were worthy of competition but you
could only enter one, would you enter the one that looked the most like a Ranchu?

Is there an official standard for Lionheads in Singapore?

Nygold
CP
QUOTE(nygold @ Wed, 14 Jan 2009 11:33 am) *

Lets say for a minute that a Mr.X had a Lionhead and he wanted to enter it in a competition in Singapore.
Mr.X enters his Lionhead with the other Lionheads under the Lionhead catogory.
Whould the Lionhead that looked most like a Ranchu win?

No. A lionhead is a lionhead, ranchu is ranchu. Like oranda or ryukins, they are from different categories, and judged on different basis.

QUOTE(nygold @ Wed, 14 Jan 2009 11:33 am) *

Lets me try it another way. If you had 3 Lionhead that were worthy of competition but you
could only enter one, would you enter the one that looked the most like a Ranchu?
Is there an official standard for Lionheads in Singapore?
Nygold

Again, no. A nice curved back is sought after for a ranchu, but a lionhead can have a relatively straight back. Thought I am not a judge, I believe that more emphasis is placed on headgrowth when evaluating a lionhead.

I do not know if there are any official standards for lionheads in Singapore.

Related reads here:
http://www.rafflesgold.com/forums/index.ph...amp;#entry59351

Rgds
CP
bekko
The straight back doesn't bother me, but I would like to see stronger backs in lionhead - like the broad back and peduncle of a good TVR. To me, that is an aesthetic problem with the whole variety.

-steve
nygold
Thanks for your replies.

In Singapore what is more desired a Lionhead with a straight back or a curved back?

Thanks

Nygold
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.