Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Further Discussion To Aquarama 2009
RafflesGold Forums > Discussion Area > Fancy Goldfish
Pages: 1, 2
desireless
As announced here, pls continue relevant discussions in this topic. peace.gif
goldrush
Entry fee is stated as $30 but does that include the GST?If not , the correct amount per fish should be $32.10.2 years ago we got a lot of misunderstanding over this fee. mad.gif $30 is only applicable to non Singaporean who are tax exempted.
goldrush
Notice in the columns of the entry forms,there is no provision for participants entering more than one fish to just indicate the number of fish in the same class and same category.Each fish has to be individually entered in each line .Wouldn't it be easier just to include an additional column to indicate the number of entries and multiply by $30(not including the GST biggrin.gif )
goldrush
Some likely nominations for the upcoming show rolleyes.gif

IPB Image
LASERGUY
I probably won't be participating this year....
goldrush

QUOTE(LASERGUY @ Thu, 12 Feb 2009 8:49 am) *

I probably won't be participating this year....

uhm.gif uhm.gif uhm.gif

WHY?
goldrush

A winner depends a lot on groomer’s ability
Though at times it depends on someone’s disability
One cannot ignore the element of luck
One cannot guarantees even with spending with substantial buck
Every competition comes with its own controversies
Especially one like Aquarama with so many foreign adversaries
We are all up against the mega players
Do with what we have and with lots of reciting prayers
You may never know in it there is a hidden blessing
Come what May the 28th,when the winners are announced, it may leave you singing.

Good luck,

goldrush
goldrush
To all participants check this out

LIVE COMPETITION RESULT !

The winners of the Dragon Fish, Discus and Goldfish categories of this year's Fish Competition (always one of the main Aquarama attractions) will, for the first time ever, be announced LIVE at www.aquarama.com.sg . In the past, participants have had to wait anxiously by their phones for news of the results. However, with the new system, competition participants will be able to see the top 5-10 shortlisted tanks, plus the announcement of the winners, live...and in the comfort of their own homes...by logging on to the above website.

rolleyes.gif Did RG gave them the idea through our LIVESCORE during MFGC 2008 rusure.gif

goldrush
A sneak goldrush preview of AQUARAMA 2009

goldrush
Just the other day I received my confirmation from the organiser of Aquarama stating that my entries have been confirmed.Well just as many days ago,I have received many enquiries from many well meaning people asking me just how many entries that yours truly have submitted.Just to cut things short I have written the numbers in this reply with a typical poetic twist

10 or more……………………Hey I don’t open a goldfish store!
Perfect 10…………………….Will you regard me as a friend or fiend!
Cloud 9……………………….8 will be on loan and maybe only 1 is mine
Lucky 8………………………That’s just too heavy a load(6 floor up) for me to take
7 heaven……………………..Don’t think my fish can make it on my bus eleven
666…………………………..Lucky in Hokkien but taboo if you are from Western mix
Hi 5………………………….Might have to think twice if I decide not to drive
Deadly 4…………………… Symbolise an early exit cos it show me the door
Crowded3…………………..That’s too few for all to see
Double 2……………………One pair only and I’ll get all the Boooo
Only 1………………………Dont tell me I waited for 2 years for this fun?
0…………………………….I will be the next RG hero…………………………….

hysterical.gif
goldrush

Hey another 30 days to go.Let the countdown begins..................But first a word from our sponsor laugh.gif

goldrush

Oh no let's not sing to a SWINE song
SARS stlll lived vivid, like not so long
If it reaches pandemic
We are in for another global panic
Economy will wither to a grinding halt
Aquarama maybe forced to a reluctant stop
Lets hope it is just another passing cloud
And not a massive destructive flu bout
Meanwhile we can only hope and pray
Come May,I hope it will not spoil our day........
MachoRanchu
QUOTE(goldrush @ Tue, 28 Apr 2009 8:08 am) *

Hey another 30 days to go.Let the countdown begins..................But first a word from our sponsor laugh.gif

Great video doc...the music gets me pumped up for the comp! laugh.gif

Looks like you've got plenty of entries. I only have 1 to join in the fun. blush.gif
goldrush
QUOTE(MachoRanchu @ Tue, 28 Apr 2009 4:12 pm) *

Looks like you've got plenty of entries. I only have 1 to join in the fun. blush.gif

Lets say if I participate in all classes and in every category..............hmmm I will need 42 pieces! wacko.gif
COAquaGirl
Please post a lot of video so we can all see the great fish in the contest. yes.gif
CP
QUOTE(COAquaGirl @ Wed, 29 Apr 2009 8:04 am) *

Please post a lot of video so we can all see the great fish in the contest. yes.gif

Here's a sneak preview.....................last held in 2007.
http://www.rafflesgold.com/forums/index.ph...l=aquarama+2007

RG members came in empty handed in 05 and 07. longpia.gif

This year, I am betting all my assets on Goldrush coming home with something...................... whistle.gif

So Doc,
DONT DISSAPOINT US ! cluebat.gif
goldrush
QUOTE(COAquaGirl @ Wed, 29 Apr 2009 8:04 am) *

Rafflesgold has been and will still be bringing all the excitements ,whether it is pre,during or post event for the benefits of all RG members,especially those that live afar and unable to attend this biannual event.

Unlike others,we would like to package it differently with an non stereotypical presentation,non-conformity to the usual.........lets just say unorthodox but rendered totally palatble to all goldfish cultures and tastes laugh.gif

goldrush
QUOTE(CP @ Wed, 29 Apr 2009 9:46 am) *

Here's a sneak preview.....................last held in 2007.
http://www.rafflesgold.com/forums/index.ph...l=aquarama+2007

RG members came in empty handed in 05 and 07. longpia.gif

This year, I am betting all my assets on Goldrush coming home with something...................... whistle.gif
So Doc,
DONT DISSAPOINT US ! cluebat.gif

Haahaha............How can a CHEAPO DOC go up against the likes of TUNG HOI sweatingbullets.gif and NK Farms wacko.gif and not forgeting VERMILLION GFC longpia.gif !!!!!!! nananana.gif
MachoRanchu
QUOTE(goldrush @ Wed, 29 Apr 2009 10:01 am) *

Haahaha............How can a CHEAPO DOC go up against the likes of TUNG HOI sweatingbullets.gif and NK Farms wacko.gif and not forgeting VERMILLION GFC longpia.gif !!!!!!! nananana.gif

I think it will be tougher if you're taking part in the CAT B category (which I am) as that's where all the farms, big players and club members send in their JUMBOS that are rear in mud ponds, green water etc.
goldrush

Oh no it's official that we have reached pandemic state
What that transcribed is that we have a confirmed global outbreak
A spread from community to community
A new influenza strain which we have little or no immunity
Till now there is no known vaccine
Such an antidote is nowhere to be seen
Unprecedented as it is a human,avian and swine combination
To complicate things,the virus is constantly undergoing an evolution
So what's that got to do with Aquarama
It can add to a real and unwelcomed drama
Schools may close and meetings and exhibitions may have to postpone
That will dampen our mood and set a sombre tone
All efforts may be wasted just by one wave
Not only for the weakest but also the very brave................
MachoRanchu
Hopefully everything can go according to plan. It's probably the holy grail of all goldfish exhibition and we've waited 2 years for this day. It will be real shame if it got postponed. sad.gif
goldrush

Exactly 3 more weeks to go
Provided we are not down with a deadly cold
The battle is on as human fight against virus
Look! We are not even close to war with our golden pisces
Lets hope the particulates do not spoil our game
To thwart it would be an undeserving shame
2 years is a long time to wait
A champion takes just as long to make
One ahhh choo is enough to spoil our party
Come join me! Let us pray for a successful show to every known diety.
CP
Eh Doc, you left out your usual recee part. Where to park, which lift to take,nearby interesting places etc etc etc............. rolleyes.gif
goldrush
QUOTE(CP @ Tue, 05 May 2009 6:45 pm) *

Eh Doc, you left out your usual recee part. Where to park, which lift to take,nearby interesting places etc etc etc............. rolleyes.gif

aiyah this one need no introduction.Suntec convection centre everybody knows too well biggrin.gif Any way it is too expensive to recce with ERP and exorbitant car park fees hmm.gif
MachoRanchu
Another reason to look forward to Aquarama are the freebies (free pellet samples etc) given out, when some of them are not available on the market yet. Wonder will there be as many this year cause of the recession.

Anybody remember the ranchu display ornaments on sale? I regretted not getting any that time.
CP
QUOTE(MachoRanchu @ Wed, 06 May 2009 10:38 am) *

Another reason to look forward to Aquarama are the freebies (free pellet samples etc) given out........

Got one more reason...................

Bikini gals from OASE booth................... shiok.gif
http://www.rafflesgold.com/forums/index.ph...ost&p=51422
MachoRanchu
QUOTE(CP @ Wed, 06 May 2009 6:29 pm) *

Got one more reason...................
Bikini gals from OASE booth................... shiok.gif
http://www.rafflesgold.com/forums/index.ph...ost&p=51422

Oh yeah now that you mention! laugh.gif

I always thought bikini models are only associated with car shows, game conventions etc.....but never at fish exhibitions! hysterical.gif
goldrush
good_very.gif

Stand down stand down
Do away with your protective gown
It is orange to yellow
So say the MOH fellow
Looks like the show must go on
Less than 3 weeks and tis not that long
All systems to go
Don't tell me NO!
I have waited for this day to come
Not to win but just to have some fun
Looking forward to meet all the goldfish greats
For it is rare and far in between for all to meet on such dates.......
goldrush
2 weeks to go maybe we pause for a cause and do some self reflection biggrin.gif

This is my personal pledge

“In the name of all goldfish competitors I promise that I shall take part in this Aquarama
respecting and abiding by the rules that govern them, in the true spirit of showmanship, for the
glory of my fishes and the honor of my dreams.”

Here are some pointers to note

I will respond to jealous glances and ugly comments of my entries only with friendly smiles and humble admissions
I will not scoff at other's fishes nor its owners of their physical shortcomings or any inherent deficiencies and defects.(both fish and human)
I will only indulge in private, my strong sense of self admiration of my entries and not brood in public about my achievements and glory
I will accept the judge's decision as final .For better or for the worst,I will accept all decisions with grace and not with adversion nor with ill feelings when the final results are made known.

To all participants,may we adhere and abide to above in true spirits of fair competition....

goldrush wink.gif
goldrush

Try something different.So this is a message from goldrush to all

desireless
Goldrush,

YOU ARE MY INSPIRATION!!!!
hi.gif

samurai
Goldrush,

U have such passion & affection for your goldfish.
Your missus sure must be one 'helluva lucky lady' if u feel this way about her also! wink.gif
Can't wait to see your fish at Aquarama and your report on the event afterwards. yes.gif
Kinder
Dude i salute you on your dedication to your Hobby....
Where do you get so much time out for it?
Nothing against you (except admiration), but i do envy you.....
i'm not even a Dr. or have a full time job, but i struggle to find any spare time....
i'm soo not organised.....it must be the generation gap!

Keep up the good work good_very.gif

Kinder
goldrush
QUOTE(Kinder @ Thu, 14 May 2009 7:52 pm) *

Dude i salute you on your dedication to your Hobby....
Nothing against you (except admiration), but i do envy you.....
i'm not even a Dr. or have a full time job, but i struggle to find any spare time....
i'm soo not organised.....it must be the generation gap!

Keep up the good work good_very.gif

Kinder

Hahaha Let's see ......I got to select the appropriate songs ,download them,write a caption,search for the clips within the songs that correspond to the caption,plus alot of INSPIRATION within......that's about half a day job. wacko.gif

CP
QUOTE(Kinder @ Thu, 14 May 2009 7:52 pm) *

Heh heh heh.........he is rather free all year round except for year end when people visit dentists in order to use up their yearly dental allowances biggrin.gif

Sonny
laugh.gif

Looks like your fish will be full of self confidence. Just another thing to give you and your fish an advantage. yes.gif

Good luck, I routing for you! champion.gif
goldrush
QUOTE(Sonny @ Thu, 14 May 2009 10:53 pm) *

laugh.gif

Looks like your fish will be full of self confidence. Just another thing to give you and your fish an advantage. yes.gif

Good luck, I routing for you! champion.gif

Hi Sonny

I just received this from the Aquarama organiser:

As ever, the international fish competition has elicited a tremendous response, with the full 1,500-tank allocation being taken up by 314 participants from 9 countries. Judging, as in past years, is in the hands of top experts from all over the world, headed, on this occasion, by Chief Judge, Dr. Ling Kai Huat, of the Agri-Food and Veterinary Authority (AVA) of Singapore. Competition for the top prizes in this high-status competition promises to be red hot, with some of the best fishes of their respective kinds in the world vying for the kudos-enhancing titles.

Having read that,I have to be realistic and not be too optimistic nor too pessimistic.This competition is akin to the WORLD CUP,the holy grail of all goldfish competition.The very best from breeders to high end hobbyists are vying for the coveted crown.So dont pin too much hope on me winning anything.I'm just an ordinary keeper who may give many the impression that I own valuable and one of a kind fishes here.Only a miracle or perhaps some divine help( out of the ordinary) can land me with something in this competition.

goldrush
goldrush

It is this time of year
when all come as one to cheer.

Dreams of striking gold,
Through our fishes as been told.

Our fish will give it all,
As the world watches in awe!

Let man and fish work as teams,
As they live out their ultimate dreams

So let the competition begin:
The goldfish world, as one, will win!
goldrush

AQUARAMA QUOTE OF THE DAY

Aquarama is the most magnificent competition in which all serious and passionate hobbyists should indulge. It brings out all that is best and it removes all that is base!
goldrush

AQUARAMA CARTOON OF THE DAY

SOMETHING WHICH WE HOPE WE WOULDN'T WANT TO SEE

IPB Image

sweatingbullets.gif sweatingbullets.gif sweatingbullets.gif mc.gif
goldrush

AQUARAMA QUOTE OF THE DAY

MAY GOD HAVE MERCY ON ALL MY COMPETITORS BECAUSE GOLDRUSH WON'T!
goldrush
AQUARAMA JOKE OF THE DAY

Four married guys went to Aquarama 2007. After an hour, the following conversation took place. First guy: " You have no idea what I had to do to be able to come out to Aquarama this weekend. I had to promise my wife that I will paint every room in the house next weekend." Second guy: " that's nothing, I had to promise my wife that I will build her a new deck for the pool." Third guy: " Man, you both have it easy! I had to promise my wife that I will remodel the kitchen for her." They continue to view the exhibits when they realized that the fourth guy has not said a word. So they asked him. You haven't said anything about what you had to do to be able to come Aquarama this weekend. " What's the deal?" Fourth guy: " I just set my alarm for 5:30 am. When it went off, I shut off my alarm, gave the wife a nudge and said, " Aquarama or Sex" and she said, " Put on your Sweater and go!!"

hysterical.gif
goldrush

AQUARAMA CARTOON OF THE DAY

Barely one more week to benching in,the FLU is just short of being declared "GLOBAL FLU PANDEMIC" with its widening and incessant spread across the entire globe.

Next week we may have to make the folllowing declaration for our fishes at the exhibition hall

Fishes showing signs of flu(running nose,body aches,sore throat and raging fever) will be banned from exhibition hall.They will be advised to don the N95 masks to limit the spread of the virus.So do come prepared for the unexpected!

IPB Image
goldrush
Good morning,it seems that it has been awfully quiet down here.Busy preparing your fishes?

Nevertheless goldrush is here to spice up your spirit and help you gear up for the grand event.Today I try another something special.A short chronological introduction of events which will set to unfold during these 6 days of competition and exhibition.Here goes

Hmmmm most of my videos have 5 stars rating!!!!!
Time to receive my awards for the best picture,best director,best producer,best choreographer,best animation,best music,best ...........etc etc

But most unfortunately I will not receive the most coveted GRAND CHAMPION with my fish cry.gif cry.gif cry.gif

HAPPY VIEWING wink.gif
MachoRanchu
Good morning doc! Less than a week to comp. How are you and all your fishes doing?

Here's a PREVIEW of my one and only Aquarama entry....

IPB Image

biggrin.gif nananana.gif
goldrush
hi.gif I am fine thank you and my fish are fine and ready to go

Your fish looks good in every aspect
This I have to say with due respect
Its black is of the darkest coal
Its back is thick and awesomely bold
Length looks very close to nine
How I wish this piece could be mine
A good size of proportion and mass
If it doesn't win you can kick my ass....

wacko.gif
MachoRanchu
QUOTE(goldrush @ Wed, 20 May 2009 9:43 am) *

hi.gif I am fine thank you and my fish are fine and ready to go
Your fish looks good in every aspect
This I have to say with due respect
Its black is of the darkest coal
Its back is thick and awesomely bold
Length looks very close to nine
How I wish this piece could be mine
A good size of proportion and mass
If it doesn't win you can kick my ass....

wacko.gif

Hahah doc...its actually not a black fish! I just put a black silhouette over... hysterical.gif
Meant to be a teaser. rolleyes.gif

Didn't expect to give the impression it's a black ranchu blush.gif
goldrush
sleazy.gif yeah you told me about your entry before at Sam's.(dont recall you have a black ranchu at all)

The poem is written I hope without intent of sarcasm
But with abit of motivation and inject with some enthusiasm
Forum needs some form of elixir to invigorate
Without which,it cannot progress but only degenerate.
MachoRanchu
QUOTE(goldrush @ Wed, 20 May 2009 10:44 am) *

sleazy.gif yeah you told me about your entry before at Sam's.(dont recall you have a black ranchu at all)
The poem is written I hope without intent of sarcasm
But with abit of motivation and inject with some enthusiasm
Forum needs some form of elixir to invigorate
Without which,it cannot progress but only degenerate.

No prob doc! I'm always a big fan of your poems. Adds a light-hearted tone to the forum.
That's how fish-keeping should be. good_very.gif

I'll try to do up some kind of online visual/video diary for Aquarama from the initial days of grooming my fish, leading to the day of bench-in and finally to the final day bench-out.

It will definitely be a beautiful experience and fruitful journey that we all can learn and share. yes.gif
goldrush
TODAY'S AQUARAMA JOKE OF THE DAY

A world renowned neurologist is giving a seminar to a group of doctors about involuntary muscular contractions. He goes on to explain that there are many muscles in our body are reacting involuntarily of each other and without us even knowing. He senses the class is becoming bored with his speech, so he tries to lighten it up a bit by asking a woman doctor in the front row, “You probably have no idea what your asshole is doing next week when you have an orgasm . She smiled sheepishly and replied, “ I know exactly what he’is doing, he’is out at Aquarama with some goldfish friends

ps something which all married men have to take note rusure.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.