Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: How To Effectively Clean Eheim External Filter
RafflesGold Forums > Discussion Area > Green Water, Filtration and Tank Setup
Pearlyscales
Hi,

I'm using an external filter - Eheim Ecco 2234 for a 50 litre tank containing pearlies. Within days after changing 80% of the water and clean the entire filter, the fish surface appears to have blood stain on body & fins.

(1) Would require detail instructions how to clean both filter & tank (if req'd) to rid of recurring disease.
(2) How to effectively clean the inside of hose & Eheim pipes, esp the u-shaped portion?

Thanks.
teckheng
i dun own a Eheim external filter...

however I clean my L-shaped HOF using some old sponge from my sponge filter which I going to throw and twist into slim long shape and tries to pull it thur the L joint and pull it from the another end....
Pearlyscales
QUOTE(teckheng @ Sat, 28 Feb 2009 3:51 am) *

i dun own a Eheim external filter...

however I clean my L-shaped HOF using some old sponge from my sponge filter which I going to throw and twist into slim long shape and tries to pull it thur the L joint and pull it from the another end....

can meh?... one of my eheim tube is more than 10inch in length.... sounds a little tough!

clm2206

Use a flexible brush, you will be able to clean this U shaped tubes.
Pearlyscales
Folks,

Also need instructions to effectively clean the external cannister filter to rid of recurrence disease lei. beg2.gif Please help!!

Thanks.
teckheng
i wondering clean it with hot water works... peace.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.