Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Forever And Ever .....young
RafflesGold Forums > Discussion Area > Fancy Goldfish
goldrush
Take a look at this fish

There is a song by Alphaville that is sung with the chorus like this:

Forever young, I want to be forever young
Do you really want to live forever, forever and ever

Well this fish just want to stay young....forever young .That's why I call it a bonsai ryukin.Features remain quite stable despite being kept for a couple of months.

You may call it a stunt,a miniature,a dwarf or a midget .However this ryukin still has what it takes to draw some admiration with its charisma and vibrant disposition.What do you think? rolleyes.gif
teckheng
another Nice Ryukin.... i wondering why i can't see these in LFS... only able to see in RForum... ohmy.gif

goldrush, at 1:14 ~ 1:20, the water current is normal?
Looks very fierce those waves. unsure.gif
goldrush
QUOTE(teckheng @ Thu, 12 Mar 2009 1:30 am) *

goldrush, at 1:14 ~ 1:20, the water current is normal?
Looks very fierce those waves. unsure.gif

This tank is for video and pics taking only and not its permanent abode

Meanwhile you can enjoy some still pics taken of the above fish biggrin.gif

IPB ImageIPB Image
goldrush
More young guns.These were purchased late last year.See the video of them then

Well some 4 months later,some have lost their bulk.Colors have deepen and well demarcated at times but size still remain not much changes though

IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image
goldrush
IPB Image

IPB Image
goldrush

This goes to show the risk of buying too young a fish although the temptation may at times be too great to overcome.The challenge to maintain a good ryukin is no easy task.You may lose its bulk.You may have to settle with a humpless or reduced hump specimen.You may lose its length to height ratio.At times the colors may end in a mess with infiltration and smudges.Other times physical defects and blemishess seem to surface as you keep along the way.These are the frustrations one can and will encounter despite giving all the essential requirements of good keeping.If you hope for a small ryukin to grow into a giant beauty with all the physical aspects intact......................I think that's really Fat Hope!!!! wacko.gif

Sorry if I write with a bit of discouragement. Some times the truth hurts but miracles do happen but not that often wink.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.