Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Another Snow Leopard Caught!
RafflesGold Forums > Discussion Area > Fancy Goldfish
goldrush
First watch this video biggrin.gif

Then see what I have found

IPB Image

IPB Image

This is no Panthera uncia but a variant of the calico family which all maybe familiar with. I must admit that I got a bad brush with snow leopards.Two of my precious acquisitions succumbed to internal ailments and this one I hope is not another nemesis to me.
Description
Snow leopard has a natural whiter base colors which varies from smokey grey to lighter underparts.A totally white based specimen is extremely hard to find. Often we find spread of red smudges or widespread orange hue that tarnishes the milky white skin
This one has a nice stocky build and a small tail(a difficult find among calicos).It is also blessed with a good pronounced hood which is another deficit among the calicos.

Hopefully this one is no jinx to me peace.gif peace.gif
Carl
I've only seen a blue leopard. Snow white with blue back and black spots floating on top is that also leopard?
teckheng
unfair goldrush keeps getting those nice fishes.... beg2.gif nananana.gif

goldrush, please share your hunting grounds tongue.gif
goldrush
Show you its thick back and stout stature good_very.gif

IPB ImageIPB Image
CP
QUOTE(goldrush @ Thu, 12 Mar 2009 2:49 pm) *

First watch this video biggrin.gif

Unmistakeble narration of David Attenborough, my idol. cool.gif

No comments on your fish though. biggrin.gif
GoldiRocKs
Very nice white leopard good_very.gif The wen is impressive.

Thx for sharing
Kinder
Nice to see this fat chubby little beauty and the youtube clip, after a busy days work....very welcoming.

i love the back thickness of the girl (i am assuming here), and the head growth. From the 2nd pic looks like the eyes could be covered with wen? Once again nice find doc.

oh i know its hard to find calicos with smaller tails, but i'm getting use to the slightly longer ones....sometimes i feel a calico could out shine others in the tank, despite having a poor tail.

kinder
Carl
That leopard quite nice, have many in Hong Kong at the market. I saw one just blue snow, no black spots no red just white and deep blue along back. Quite novel and interesting, they ask high price.
Gold Digger
Another great find goldrush! I like the thickness of the body and the whitish color of the skin.
goldrush
Here's my latest music video of the snow leopard.Hope you enjoy.

peace.gif
tourmaline
QUOTE(goldrush @ Tue, 21 Apr 2009 9:37 pm) *

Here's my latest music video of the snow leopard.Hope you enjoy.

peace.gif
I just love what you do here.You seem to be such a kind and loving and beautiful man.Your wife is a very fortunate woman.Your fish are the finest I have ever seen.You certainly have an eye for quality.~Warm regards~Donielle
goldrush
QUOTE(tourmaline @ Tue, 28 Apr 2009 11:35 am) *

I just love what you do here.You seem to be such a kind and loving and beautiful man.Your wife is a very fortunate woman.Your fish are the finest I have ever seen.You certainly have an eye for quality.~Warm regards~Donielle

Oh Donielle
blush.gif You just make my day.

Don't paint such a good man that you think I am to be
In real,I am far from perfect as far as I can see
But I try to impart what I know and share the beauty of my fishes
Unfortunately what you see here can often be only your wishes................

goldrush
After some 5 months of rearing,this fish has lost some blacks and gain some untidy smudges of red.This fish is almost 17 cm now

IPB Image
goldrush
This one is without my hand in the way hmm.gif

IPB Image

Notice the loss of a couple of black spots,however the fish still bulk nicely with acceptable headgrowth.

goldrush
This is a movie I made for her biggrin.gif

goldrush
Another to hit 19cm! good_very.gif

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.