Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Pre Event Announcement
RafflesGold Forums > Discussion Area > Fancy Goldfish
Pages: 1, 2
goldrush
Dear All hi.gif

Iím not posting that often is because Iím kinda busy these days.Busy with what? One reason is yours truly,goldrush maybe volunteering at RG to hold our first inaugural goldfish show Ė and yes we are putting together our first goldfish show at Dawson place shopping mall which will coincide with the mid Autumn festival .Details of the show will be made known soon.So you can start to grow and groom your precious fish for the event Working with the committee is an exhausting process, I had forgotten about this kind of interaction, which Iím sure the experienced show organisers deal with annually or biannually.It is this area that we are found lacking†.† Itís great when it works well Ė and something unique and fantastic comes out of it Ė Iím sure a lot of time itís a bunch of compromises by people with different visions and aspirations.Preparations are meanwhile underway and I just hope that we can garner enough support to hold this event.
RG was established sometime in 2003 to serve the local goldfish community of its needs ,to increase awarenes and improve the keeping of our beloved pets.Through the years ,it has expanded to include international participations in our forum through internet feasibility.This year,for the first time,RG together in collaboration with Samgoldfish will host our very first inaugural topview goldfish show for all topview enthusiasts. In view of the lack of local topview competition,RG decides to host this show and wishes to seek your earnest support and participation in this .We have included in addition to topview ranchu,three other topview categories (dragon eye,tosakin and open) to improve and enhance participations.We are committed in our limited capacity to entertain,engage,educate and inspire the public as well as would be goldfish keepers through this show .So please give us your earnest support and spread the words around.Thank you

Goldrush for Rafflesgold

ryukin88
Congratulations! This is cool!
Titus
U have my support DOC! smile.gif
nazari
Doc,

I will support with 4 Top View Ranchus.

Regards
nazari
CP
QUOTE(goldrush @ Thu, 09 Jul 2009 2:54 pm) *

We have included in addition to topview ranchu,three other topview categories (dragon eye,tosakin and open) to improve and enhance participations.

Can send koi ? rolleyes.gif
goldrush
QUOTE(Titus @ Thu, 09 Jul 2009 11:49 pm) *

U have my support DOC! smile.gif

thankyousign.gif
goldrush
QUOTE(nazari @ Fri, 10 Jul 2009 12:32 pm) *

Doc,

I will support with 4 Top View Ranchus.

Regards
nazari

Kekeke very encouraging bro

Bro Kitsilano has pledged to send some entries as well shiok.gif
goldrush
QUOTE(CP @ Fri, 10 Jul 2009 12:58 pm) *

Can send koi ? rolleyes.gif

nicetry2.gif mai cho luan ok.........you may submit HIBUNA instead biggrin.gif
Titus
Will we be expecting Tok Khong Tok Khong MTV Vids soon? hehehe
goldrush
Haven't got much confirmed information yet so I can only attempt to make this trailer to entice you biggrin.gif

Titus
So fast and the Vid is up!! I support 2 Fishy!!
Noidea
Where is Dawson shopping mall?
goldrush
QUOTE(Noidea @ Sat, 11 Jul 2009 5:56 pm) *

Where is Dawson shopping mall?

Maybe this can help

http://www.hdb.gov.sg/fi10/fi10215p.nsf/WP...ce?OpenDocument

exact location here

http://www.streetdirectory.com/asia_travel...vel_site_10977/

goldrush
You can't miss the unique wavy facade of this building

IPB Image

IPB Image

goldrush
The carpark entrance

IPB Image

The back part of this building

IPB Image
goldrush
Some years back when the Chinese government opened their door to foreign investment,Westerners went by thousands to take the opportunity to market their goods and services.Suddenly there was a instant surge of investments,opportunities and prosperity in the Mainland.Exhibitions and shows became norm.Success was in every card that the chinese dare to even endorse every investment with "GUARANTEE NO FAILURE"endorsement .Well then came the bubble burst.....and many were left to leak their wounds.Many Westerners felt cheated and disgusted.So they went in thousands to refute the Chinese"GUARANTEE NO FAILURE"endorsement.The Chinese however defended their claim and left the Westerners dumbfounded.
This was their rebuttal

"You Westerner never read the fine print,we honour what we say ie GUARANTEE NO FAILURE but we read it right to left and not left to right!!!!!!!!!! hysterical.gif

Well this competition has no guarantee for success or failure but come this Tuesday,I'll be meeting two Chinese gentlemen for some precompetition discussion and luckily they ain't from Mainland China.Wish me luck rolleyes.gif
Noidea
Thank you GoldRush for the picture and the street directory. Now I know which part of Singapore it is located.
goldrush
Many well meaning members asked me,"Why did I take up this job?"

Perhaps I would answer the above with a strings of the late Michael Jackson's songs as a tribute for his ingenuity ,charisma and unconditional love for mankind.

Taking up this job is not as simple as ABC but in any case I'LL BE THERE for you.Well I know I
DON'T STOP TILL YOU GET ENOUGH of goldfish competitions.Just don't push me
OFF THE WALL because I'm ever ready to ROCK WITH YOU.It is just THE WAY YOU MAKE ME FEEL at times that will let me down.Well I got my weakness and I just have to see the MAN IN THE MIRROR to reflect my flaws and shortcomings.But do not be taken in as I can be a SMOOTH CRIMINAL in disguise who can be very,very DANGEROUS ,one that dosen't differentiate whether it is BLACK OR WHITE.However most of the time I ain't BAD.I just wish and hope this compe is going be a THRILLER and will somehow become one that every subsequent competitions will strive to BEAT IT.Perhaps I'm dreaming but if we can come together and sing to the tune of WE ARE THE WORLD of goldfish hobbyists with a common goal and aspiration,we might just pull this one with great success and HEAL THE WORLD of our differences and opinions in our goldfish keeping.So please just don't say WE 'VE HAD ENOUGH.

IPB Image

RIP MICHAEL........................

goldrush

goldrush
Hi all

Before I reveal our agendas during our first meeting with the relevant committes,I would like to address Rafflesgold's stance in this event.RG being a forum and not a club has no rules or regulation where members must abide by its constituition.RG is purely running on a voluntary basis without prejudice or any obligation .We only serve as a media to facilitate and fulfil the execution of this upcoming show.We as a whole are depleted of any manpower means so the physical logistic are manned by a enthusiastic bunch of volunteers of whom most are not even RG members.Kudos to these people who volunteer their services under the umbrella of RG.I do not wish RG takes full credit for this unchartered enterprise as I feel indebted to these unsunk heroes that will run this show collectively.Having said that I would like to reiterate again that I can't possibly run this show alone and need volunteers and back ups to make this show a successful one.So if you have what it takes to help out please report to Sam our S4(logistic officer) for more details and duties.Thank you.

With that I would like show you what was discussed(I believe in transparency biggrin.gif )

Details & proposal of top view competition @ Dawson Place shopping Mall on 3rd Oct 2009
Organiser - RafflesGold Forum. Co-organiser/contractor - Samgoldfish Aquatic design
Date/place - 3rd Oct 2009 Saturday (1 day event) - Dawson Place shopping Mall - 57 Dawson Road
Bench-in - 9-10am. *Judging - 10.30am - 1pm. *open viewing 1pm - 8pm *Bench-out 8-9pm(after prize giving)
Prize presentation - Saturday evening ard 8-9pm
Trophies - Top5 winners & 1 Grand Champion (irregardless of size from 6 categories)
Entry fee - $20 - Max 3entry per class
Cheque made payable to 'Samgoldfish Aquatic Design' of 56 Koon Seng Road, S(426990).

Application date should be between 01-15th September

Minimum entry per class 10 fishes
Volume of comp 60 bowls (maxi of 100 bowl)
Categories & size (minimum 10 entries)

Cat 1 - butterfly moor - >10cm (main category for e show)
Cat 2 - Tosakin - >10cm
Cat 3 - Open - >short tail 8cm & >Long tail 10cm
Cat 4 - Ranchu - Tosai <14cm
Cat 5 - Ranchu - small Tosai <11cm
Cat 6 - Ranchu - Junior Tosai < 8cm
Ps - Reason for restricting e bigger ranchu in comp are that they might hv problem for such a long displaying period (10am-9pm)

Well this is the skeletal proposal of what was discussed .The battle plan has been drawn.Now we wait for our intelligence to feed us with more about the terrain,combat supporting units and our shortfalls.D day H-hours has been fixed.We now await for further orders

goldrush

figo007
Hope I'm able to attend the event with my kids, who's the judge for tvr? Inviting any Jap judge for this round? There is no SVR for this round?
Titus
Glad to see the event taking shape smile.gif

Just a thought, prehaps can allow the participants to put in an airstone at selected timings after the judging? Or maybe throw in an Oxy pill?
goldrush
Your Spelling List

Wanting,
Longing
Held
Show
Warmth
Excitement
Wishing
Hoping
Lift
Embraces
Congratutory
Waiting..........

Each week when my son comes home with his spelling list,he seems to dread the idea of memorising those fruitful words,his teacher gives.I told him these words are going to be his building blocks to boundless expressions in his not so distant future.Well each week before his spelling I would glance through his list and craftily forms sentences out of those words ,creates a continuous story out of them and read out to him to enable him to grasp the beauty of each word and their usage.That way,his spelling can no longer be boring but becomes a rewarding lesson and not just another uninteresting chore.

Today,I'm going to be your spelling teacher!Yes these 12 words are given especially for those into topview goldfish keeping and their yearn to compete in a year devoid of any TV activities.

This year,topview competition is found wanting and I know TV keepers are longing for something to be held to show case their prized fish in a show.They need to feel the warmth of his fellow enthusiasts and relive the excitement of the past.Now they can go on wishing and hoping that a show will materialise to fulfil their needs.They yearn for the moment to lift,to leave or to live.That moment of warmth embraces and congratutory handshakes that will leave a lasting impression in any competitors.But for now it is a period of waiting.But their wait may soon be over.

Please spell out your words properly.I dont expect you to be spellbound by me but lets hope we can end this dry spell of tv activity with your participation without resorting to any magic spell cast!!!! wink.gif
goldrush
THIS IS MY SHORT TRAILER CREATED TO SPICE UP OUR ANTICIPATION FOR THIS SHOW.

ranchu8
Again Doc, another solid video good_very.gif
goldrush
To rev up this coming show,I have this to offer

A video with some messages on each clip
Each clip with an accompanied animation to drive the message
Each clip uses the title of MJ's song in the message and has snippet of the song to accompany it..... biggrin.gif

It took me 3 days and 3 nights to choreograph this 4 and half mins presentation!!!! laugh.gif So please enjoy peace.gif

CP
QUOTE(goldrush @ Wed, 12 Aug 2009 11:50 am) *

It took me 3 days and 3 nights to choreograph this 4 and half mins presentation!!!!

It will take you many more days and many more nights preparing for the comp............... rolleyes.gif
Titus
Nicely done video doc!! Can't wait for the big day!! smile.gif
goldrush
QUOTE(CP @ Wed, 12 Aug 2009 11:05 pm) *

It will take you many more days and many more nights preparing for the comp............... rolleyes.gif

Hahaha Ironicaly this is one compe I dont have to prepare my fish for it!
goldrush
QUOTE(Titus @ Wed, 12 Aug 2009 11:05 pm) *

Nicely done video doc!! Can't wait for the big day!! smile.gif

I can't wait for it to be over!!!! hysterical.gif
Hugoboss
QUOTE(goldrush @ Thu, 13 Aug 2009 8:36 am) *

Very dedicated, thumbs up! good_very.gif
Titus
QUOTE(goldrush @ Thu, 13 Aug 2009 8:36 am) *

Once over, need to plan for the next one for next mid autumm? hahaha hysterical.gif
goldrush

You may think we went to sleep
Tis behind the scenes,we had dugged deep
Some ground breaking issues we need to address
Before we can prove our worths and put to test
Many hours have been spent for this show
Many sacrifices and inconveniences just to let you know
At last I unviel what the organisers have to say
This mid Autumm show is ON la and is on that very day......... biggrin.gif

Here's the official poster of the event good_very.gif

IPB Image

Please note that apart from tv goldfish competition ,there are other fun-filled activities throughout the day to cater for the entire family.So the young and the old are not neglected,neither are some uninterested goldfish tag alongs!There will be some interactive activities as well as some lucky draws with prizes to be won.So come on down to Dawson plc even if you are not participating on that day

goldrush wink.gif
yashimoto
hi Doc where can we get the Registration fourm for the TV comp ?
goldrush
QUOTE(yashimoto @ Thu, 20 Aug 2009 9:04 am) *

hi Doc where can we get the Registration fourm for the TV comp ?

biggrin.gif Our very special and very professionally crafted entry forms(created by bro Desireless)will be available for downloading in due course.Please look out for it. wink.gif
yashimoto
i would like to ask if we paying by cash where can i submit my form to?

goldrush
QUOTE(yashimoto @ Fri, 21 Aug 2009 5:01 pm) *

i would like to ask if we paying by cash where can i submit my form to?

If you are submitting by cash,you can hand it to Sam of Samgoldfish direct.
Titus
Are we able to submit the forms by email and do a bank transfer for the money?
goldrush
Can you make arrangement with Sam and make transfer to his account
goldrush
NEXT PIT STOP:

DAWSON SHOPPING MALL

Give us some time to consolidate the entries as the sideview show is just over........................We are quite shagged faint.gif
Titus
Thumbs up too all the Hardwork and Good works Doc, Sam and Team!!
goldrush
10 DAYS TO GO!
hi.gif

So I would like to do a confirmation through the net.Here's the list of participants for this inaugural show.If you find that your name is somehow left out please pm me.Or if you have forgotten what you have submitted you can also pm me for details.

NAME

RYAN
TITUS
YAN CHEE MENG
HOWARD YEO
ANDY NG
LOKE CHEONG HOONG
AARON TAN
ER CHIANG SONG
RICHARD LIM
ALLAN LEE
JENNIFER CHEW
NAZARI
DARYL WEE
DAMION YEO
COL CHIANG
GEOGRE PENG
ALVIN LIM
NG WEE YAP
TOH CHEN HAN
LAWRENCE LEE
KENNY LEE
TJROKRO
CHARLES LAM

Sorry if any names are spelt wrongly but i think you should know who you are biggrin.gif

Cheers

goldrush

4 more days to a full moon
So just not moon around doing nothing
Forget about moonlighting this coming Saturday
Just moonwalk down to Dawson Mall for a moonlit evening of fun and excitement
Who knows you maybe over the moon by then rolleyes.gif

goldrush
IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT

We need to make some deliberate changes to the classification of this competition.Due to insufficient entries in the junior tosai <8cm,we decided to scrap this class.Affected participants will be informed and arrangement will be made to refund the entry fees or they may opt to participate in the remaining classes available.

We have also decided to merge the Tosakin into Open category for a better representation of competition.

Our sincere apologies for any inconveniences caused

Despite the above,we received overwhelming responses of over 70 entries with 22 individual participants vying for the various prizes available.Thank you all for your continual support and encouragement.

See you all on this coming Saturday...... peace.gif
CHLeong
QUOTE(goldrush @ Thu, 24 Sep 2009 10:36 am) *

10 DAYS TO GO!
hi.gif

So I would like to do a confirmation through the net.Here's the list of participants for this inaugural show.If you find that your name is somehow left out please pm me.Or if you have forgotten what you have submitted you can also pm me for details.

NAME

RYAN
TITUS
YAN CHEE MENG
HOWARD YEO
ANDY NG
LOKE CHEONG HOONG
AARON TAN
ER CHIANG SONG
RICHARD LIM
ALLAN LEE
JENNIFER CHEW
NAZARI
DARYL WEE
DAMION YEO
COL CHIANG
GEOGRE PENG
ALVIN LIM
NG WEE YAP
TOH CHEN HAN
LAWRENCE LEE
KENNY LEE
TJROKRO
CHARLES LAM
Sorry if any names are spelt wrongly but i think you should know who you are biggrin.gif
Cheers

Wow, very interesting, some big names there! It will be very exciting!!!

good_very.gif
goldrush
QUOTE(CHLeong @ Wed, 30 Sep 2009 5:12 pm) *

Wow, very interesting, some big names there! It will be very exciting!!!

good_very.gif

Kekeke ,I also see many great names missing missing.gif
goldrush
With just two days to go,I can offer this trailer of the much anticipated event for your enjoyment. wink.gif My very own crafted piece to rev up your mood and anticipation.See you in 2 days

CP
Doc,

When we both first started out participating in RG both of us are somewhat still net idiots. biggrin.gif

While you have improved by leaps and bounds in my opinion, such as creating your own videos, I still dont even know how to capture and upload videos on the net. longpia.gif

Well done.
goldrush

hi.gif kekeke when there is a will,there's a way

When I restarted my goldfish hobby to learn and relearn at RG,you had branded me a cheapo doc mad.gif (no offence though laugh.gif )then.Well it is through rearing these beginner's fish that moulded me to appreciate better quality fish and to participate in recent shows to fine tune my fish keeping and make me what I am today .

When I first posted my first video here,you chided me for being amateurish rusure.gif .So again,I tried to learn how to use the movie maker to its full potential,using appropriate special effects and accompanying music to enhance my video making for all to appreciate goldfish keeping in another dimension.

Tomorrow,after more than 5 years at RG,I'm embarking another milestone,in organising our first topview goldfish show for all topview starved enthusiasts here.Please wish me luck on this one prayhard.gif
CHLeong
Doc, time for you to change profession.
CP
QUOTE(goldrush @ Fri, 02 Oct 2009 3:20 pm) *

Please wish me luck on this one prayhard.gif

Its already a success basing on the list of participants. good_very.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.