Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Ranchus From Australia
RafflesGold Forums > Discussion Area > Fancy Goldfish
money
good day mates!

like to share some of my ranchus from down under..

feel free to comment!

cheers!

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image
calicoly
hi i'm from down under too! nice fish, i love the black on ur ranchu.
mind sharing which shop u got him or her from?
tkhing
Notice that there appears to have white stuff/spots on the head of the red ranchu. I have the same thing on many of my ranchus. It is annoying. I remove them physically, but after a few days, they reappear. The fish looked lethargic, otherwise OK. It looks especially bad on a black ranchu. Please advise what it is. And how to get rid of it permanently. Thanks.

IPB Image
tkhing
Hi money, my apology for using your thread to voice my problem.

Your ranchus are very nice. I like the body shape of the red one.

Cheers.
lkt344
QUOTE(tkhing @ Sun, 23 Aug 2009 12:46 am) *

Notice that there appears to have white stuff/spots on the head of the red ranchu. I have the same thing on many of my ranchus. It is annoying. I remove them physically, but after a few days, they reappear. The fish looked lethargic, otherwise OK. It looks especially bad on a black ranchu. Please advise what it is. And how to get rid of it permanently. Thanks.

hi dont worry about them i understand its the wen growth..they usually disappear the next day...keep your water clean with weekly water changes..
lkt344
QUOTE(calicoly @ Mon, 13 Jul 2009 1:11 am) *

hi i'm from down under too! nice fish, i love the black on ur ranchu.
mind sharing which shop u got him or her from?

hi just wonder ing if anyone knows a good lfs for ranchu in melbourne..thks or anywhere in australia!! for that matter
Black Moor
very tidy fish, I live in Brisbane, there's three stores around me who sell very nice fancy goldfish
ricardoms
Nice golds you have there!!!! shiok.gif

I also like your tank set up, simple but usefull and nice!!! good_very.gif

And as a collegue said, donīt worry about that kind of spots, are normal as the wen grows (same with orandas).

Regards hi.gif
bekko
I think that white stuff is mucus which gets caught in the crevasses of the wen because it cannot slough off like it does on the rest of the body. Fish are continually producing mucus and it is the first line of defense against attack by bacteria and parasites.

However, excess mucus production can be a sign of skin parasites. When the fish has parasites, the incidence of those spots of white stuff in the wen increase. So, while they are usually harmless, they can also be be used as an indicator of a problem.

-steve
cameronb
Hi All,

I live in St Kilda, Melbourne.

I have recently acquired a red ranchu and a black ranchu from St Kilda aquarium.

Can anyone advise me of any other places in Melbourne where i can purchase good quality ranchu?

I am happy to by from a store or fellow enthusiast.

lkt344
QUOTE(cameronb @ Thu, 17 Dec 2009 3:47 pm) *

Hi All,

I have recently acquired a red ranchu and a black ranchu from St Kilda aquarium.

Can anyone advise me of any other places in Melbourne where i can purchase good quality ranchu?

richmond of cos..geoffry at new life...abit expensive but u get what u pay for i suppose
cameronb
Thanks. Is that the store on Victoria Street?
lkt344
yes in the little shopping arcade..new life is the name..please post if u see some new fishes..the owner gets some regularly but the good ones are gone pretty fast..there are some at coburg also but usually from china..havent been there for months so need to check it out.
cameronb
Thanks.

Will do.
lkt344
guys i have been to keysborough aquarium in melb last week...latest update..not many goldfish..gots some nice black moors.some big black ranchus and a few large rykukins..not very good quality so i gave them all a miss

please post if u see some nice fishes in melbourne thanks.
really need to get down to richmond.
gday
lkt344
cameronb nice to meet u
i m from singapore too from bedok
have been keeping goldfish for quite a while
ranchu my favorite..
been here in melbourne for some time

i m trying to get some nice good ranchu to do some breeding of my own
at the moment i m building a pond in the backyard
so hope to hear frm u and your hobby
rgds
cameronb
Hi IKT344,

Where abouts in Melbourne do you live?

I currently have one black and one gold ranchu.

Have you many here in Australia?

Do you know how to breed Ranchu?
ranchuone
QUOTE(cameronb @ Thu, 17 Dec 2009 3:47 pm) *

Hi All,

Hi Cameron,

There is also a 'New Life' aquarium just opened on Springvale Road in Springvale. They have a good quality batch of ryukins right now.

Also, Keysborough aquarium will have a batch of goldfish out of the quarantine on Wednesday.

Cheers,
Eric
cameronb
Thanks Eric.
lkt344
QUOTE(cameronb @ Mon, 04 Jan 2010 3:07 pm) *

Hi IKT344,

Where abouts in Melbourne do you live?

I currently have one black and one gold ranchu.

Have you many here in Australia?

Do you know how to breed Ranchu?

sorry for the slow reply
i live in the west and have 4 ranchus atm

one of my red /white ranchu is losing its red markings especially on the head growth???
wats goin on anyone??

been quite lazy lately esp with the pond
hope to stock it soon with black ranchus...maybe do some breeding in the future..
rgds everyone
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.