Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Blue Scaled Ranchu
RafflesGold Forums > Discussion Area > Fancy Goldfish
goldrush
It has been awfully quiet in the goldfish market lately that you can't find good specimen to add to your keeping blush.gif But wait,this maybe one exception.An unique blue scalation ranchu with impressive headgrowth.I was surprise that this is a male that exhibit such a pronounced head.I think he is about 13-14 cm the most.These are various pictures of the newly acquired fish.

IPB Image

IPB Image
goldrush
2 more pics for your appreciation

IPB Image

IPB Image
black&white
A real good looker; I've a space reserved in my tank should it happen to swim this way!

Keith biggrin.gif
calicoly
a nice rare color indeed!
i'am a sucker for that cute face!
once again doc u did well!!!
i envy u
Yanto
Hey Doc, nice piece as always. Is this one from somewhere over the rainbow?
goldrush
QUOTE(black&white @ Tue, 14 Jul 2009 4:21 pm) *

A real good looker; I've a space reserved in my tank should it happen to swim this way!

Keith biggrin.gif

Hmmm too far.He might lose his way there biggrin.gif
goldrush
QUOTE(calicoly @ Tue, 14 Jul 2009 9:14 pm) *

a nice rare color indeed!
i'am a sucker for that cute face!
once again doc u did well!!!
i envy u

Thank you.There are many who keep far more beautiful ones.Sometimes I feel like a sucker to show all laugh.gif
goldrush
QUOTE(Yanto @ Tue, 14 Jul 2009 9:39 pm) *

Hey Doc, nice piece as always. Is this one from somewhere over the rainbow?

Yep there is a pot of gold always at the end of the rainbow. secret.gif
goldrush
Here's a BLUE MOVIE which I made on the above fish laugh.gif

Are you finally aroused?

Yanto
whoa!, lightning effect! what an entry. Enjoyed the video.

Yeah! we all know that there's a pot of gold at the of the rainbow rusure.gif but somehow I feel that you're the lucky leprechaun that is able sniff this. Its a gift wink.gif
calicoly
i really adore the color of his head growth.....
hmmm what i wouldnt i give for this ranchu to be mine????
Gold Digger
Majestic...I love that fish.
insanity
It's a very good fish... where can i find this kind of fish bro? I would love really to have this one of a kind ^_^
wayan131
hi Doc & everyone in RG.. i've just joined this forum and am also a newbie in this hobby... i start it about 1 year ago... and there are still so much things to be learn...

i love the blue colour in your ranchu.. it's very unique... it's a little bit hard to find such colourful ranchu here in indonesia... usually it's imported from sg or thailand...

is it your own breed??

cheers,

I Wayan Adisaputra
goldrush
hI Wayan

Thanks for the compliment.This fish I bought it off the shelf biggrin.gif .Once in a while we do get some unique pattern and colors fish here.This fish managed to clinch a runner-up spot in the open ranchu class in our recently concluded local show.And welcome to our site

goldrush
wayan131
QUOTE(goldrush @ Fri, 02 Oct 2009 8:44 pm) *

hI Wayan

Thanks for the compliment.This fish I bought it off the shelf biggrin.gif .Once in a while we do get some unique pattern and colors fish here.This fish managed to clinch a runner-up spot in the open ranchu class in our recently concluded local show.And welcome to our site
goldrush

wow... congratz to you and your ranchu.. good_very.gif clap.gif

i do really want to have such colourfull goldfish... but i think i've to be more patient... biggrin.gif

must start saving... tongue.gif
goldrush

Some 5 months ago I showed this forum this interesting piece which exhibit some potentials.In September it didn't disappoint me by claiming the runners-up spot in the open ranchu category in one of our local show.Today this fish has grown abit and the colors have darken.Please enjoy this latest update biggrin.gif

goldrush
Another three months have gone by
In growth and colors did I try
Sharing some achievments in this piece
No live,no frozen worms for this impressive beast
Only simple pellets and some generous paste
With lots of flushing of its unwanted waste!

IPB ImageIPB Image
kinggold
Hello every one all the way from Canada.
I must say what a strong looking fish Goldrush.. and the colors!!!

I am not new to the hobby, but am only a day old on here.
Goldfish in Canada are rarer then gold and have been having such a hard time to find any.
The only fish that i was able to find are in Toronto and were imported from tung hoi aquarium in Hong Kong.
Does anyone know How I could get my hands on some ''good quality'' fish. I am willing to pay $$

KingGold
kinggold
I am building a new set up to house my gold fishes in.
I plan on having 3 goldfish per 55 gallon tanks.
I was wondering what kind of filters I should use.
I was also wondering what you guys do for water changes, should I use city water? what about RO water?
How do you prep your water? anyone believe in UV sterilizers?

takanada
wow...i like that fish..very nice
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.