Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Black And White Ranchu With A Bit Of Yellow
RafflesGold Forums > Discussion Area > Fancy Goldfish
goldrush
This is the season to be jolly again.From October to January,the goldfish fraternity gets really excited as the harvest of goldfish gets underway before the Winter break(Chinese goldfish).This year is no exception.

Here's my announcing poster biggrin.gif

IPB Image

Now here's one of my purchase of this season

Not quite a true black ranchu but a particolored one with white tummy.My wish is for all the yellow blemishes to disappear and yield a true black and white specimen rolleyes.gif

Here's my video

Good luck to your hunting
kenkenstomp
Hi, I'm a newbie and don't quite understand what you meant by "the harvest of goldfish gets underway". I thought goldfish are found all year round in fish shops?

Can you elaborate?

Thanks.
goldrush
QUOTE(kenkenstomp @ Thu, 22 Oct 2009 12:33 am) *

Hi, I'm a newbie and don't quite understand what you meant by "the harvest of goldfish gets underway". I thought goldfish are found all year round in fish shops?

Can you elaborate?

Thanks.

What you see at the fish shop may come from neighbouring countries like Malaysia and Thailand which is available throughout the year.If you are looking for Chinese goldfish(Mainland China),this is the season
stoptogo
QUOTE(goldrush @ Thu, 22 Oct 2009 8:37 am) *

What you see at the fish shop may come from neighbouring countries like Malaysia and Thailand which is available throughout the year.If you are looking for Chinese goldfish(Mainland China),this is the season

Just like there is a hunting season, there is also a goldfish season. This is the season to be jolly! good_very.gif
CHLeong

The wise man has spoken. biggrin.gif
kenkenstomp

thankyousign.gif

But I heard from a LFS that goldfish from China tend to be more disease-prone than those from Thailand. Is there any truth in that?
goldrush
Some 80% of my fishes are Chinese origin but I cannot say that they don't die on me however I would say 95% of them survive on me biggrin.gif It is a matter how the fish is conditioned,prepared and kept that will reduce any morbidity or mortality.I think it is not fair to criticise the country of origin
goldrush
QUOTE(CHLeong @ Fri, 23 Oct 2009 12:33 pm) *

The wise man has spoken. biggrin.gif

I ain't no wise guy
Just remind all tis the season to buy
Go find your dream fish, a task you should now try
When the wind passes,everything will seem so dry
Strikes when the iron is hot and not when your passion dies
Follow your heart,that's where all your fire lies......
bekko
Doc, I like the yellow. Yellow "highlights", not yellow "blemish". They should charge extra for that :>)

-steve
Titus
That I agree with bekko smile.gif

With Plenty of Sun in the hotel of yours Doc, yellow wil lturn into gold...
CHLeong
QUOTE(goldrush @ Sat, 24 Oct 2009 9:51 am) *

I ain't no wise guy
Just remind all tis the season to buy
Go find your dream fish, a task you should now try
When the wind passes,everything will seem so dry
Strikes when the iron is hot and not when your passion dies
Follow your heart,that's where all your fire lies......

The heart is willing but the pocket is weak.
goldrush
3 months ago,this piece was titled black and white with abit of yellow.3 months later the title should read black and yellow with diminishing whites laugh.gif

IPB Image

IPB Image
goldrush
But I must say it has a nice strong back or is it........ black!!!! tongue.gif

IPB Image

IPB Image
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.