Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Injured Ranchu
RafflesGold Forums > Discussion Area > Fancy Goldfish
Emilio
Can someone tell me if my Ranchu will heal or not? What can I do to help it heal aside from good water and food.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rkThKf1ib1U

Emilio
OrandaDan
Hi, I work at an LFS in the UK and im caring for a ranchu that came into us in a similar state to that one with both of the corners of the caudual missing, one of the corners of the pectoral fins missing and lots of secondary infections. I have separated it to our quarantine area, put it in a 3 foot tank by itself with an external power filter, water salted to 0.3% and the temperature raised gradually to 28 degrees C. Within a week of being in there she has lost the secondary infections and missing parts of the fins are growing back and/or healing. If the fin ray is missing then it may not grow back. I am feeding 4 or 5 regular small meals of either novo tab tablets, Saki Hikari green, or Tetra Prima discus (the discus food because I can and she has to re-grow her fins! Finally it does look quite over crowded in there imo, the injury looks to me to be bacterial in origin, there shouldn't be any waste floating around. Hope this helps, Dan
Emilio
QUOTE(OrandaDan @ Sat, 07 Nov 2009 4:46 am) *

Hi, I work at an LFS in the UK and im caring for a ranchu that came into us in a similar state to that one with both of the corners of the caudual missing, one of the corners of the pectoral fins missing and lots of secondary infections. I have separated it to our quarantine area, put it in a 3 foot tank by itself with an external power filter, water salted to 0.3% and the temperature raised gradually to 28 degrees C. Within a week of being in there she has lost the secondary infections and missing parts of the fins are growing back and/or healing. If the fin ray is missing then it may not grow back. I am feeding 4 or 5 regular small meals of either novo tab tablets, Saki Hikari green, or Tetra Prima discus (the discus food because I can and she has to re-grow her fins! Finally it does look quite over crowded in there imo, the injury looks to me to be bacterial in origin, there shouldn't be any waste floating around. Hope this helps, Dan

Thanks for the reply OrandaDan. Here's what happened to this fish. The fish was ordered on-line and was left in a bag for 2 days with 3 other goldfish due to a shipping mistake. When I opened the box, the bag had hardly any air due to leakage. Water was dirty too. All 4 fishes were gasping for air. I have contacted the seller but it's a useless case. He is in "DENIAL."

It's been 4 days now since I have them and all are recovering but this little guy is taking a little more time to recover. I have been doing what you have suggested and let's see what happens in a week.
OrandaDan
Thats good, hopefuly it will recover, it doesn't look too bad. Unfortunately box shipping is a necessity for most LFS' and private collectors, its just a matter of finding the best supplier available.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.