Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Male Chasing/harrasing Male?
RafflesGold Forums > Discussion Area > Fancy Goldfish
bettaempire
Hi,

Is this possible?...I separated males from females, then a male Calico colored Ranchu chased my male Red Ranchu, I saw my Red's butt is already redish in color I thought it is irritated by constant harrassing by the Calico...

or a Calico colored goldfish has an aggressive behavior? because one of my Tikus killed by that Calico colored Ranchu...and other Calico females bites other Red females hmm.gif

need your opinion guys hi.gif ,

Thanks in advance blush.gif
tosakin_fancier
QUOTE(bettaempire @ Thu, 12 Nov 2009 12:40 pm) *

Hi,

Is this possible?...I separated males from females, then a male Calico colored Ranchu chased my male Red Ranchu, I saw my Red's butt is already redish in color I thought it is irritated by constant harrassing by the Calico...

or a Calico colored goldfish has an aggressive behavior? because one of my Tikus killed by that Calico colored Ranchu...and other Calico females bites other Red females hmm.gif

need your opinion guys hi.gif ,
Thanks in advance blush.gif

tosakin_fancier
hi,

I think maybe the calico ranchus that you bought are not comfortable with the presence of the red ranchus.Did you bought the calico ranchus, both male and female from the same shop?IF you do, maybe you bought these ranchus from a bad batch. I also had the same problem every year.But that time is way back. I found that most of the aggressive goldfishes that i bought came from the same batch and shop.This problem also happened to my baby comets recently.They have turned six months old and i thought that it was time for them to socialize with the others.I TRIED MIXING them with 2 two year old comets as a precaution because 4 of my previous baby comets was eaten by the adult comets although their size was already 2 inches.BUT this batch turns the whole way around! I left the 2 adults with them for two hours thinking that they'll be fine but when i came back i saw that the baby comets are harassing the adult comets.They split themselves into 2 groups and started biting and attacking those poor adults. I have raised a bad batch as the previous batch didn't have any attitude problem.I guess maybe some fish just like to be aggressive.Or maybe the pond or aquarium that you are using is too small for those ranchus.Sometimes, a certain fish just becomes aggressive because they do not have enough space for themselves.And last but not least, I think that your fishes are not compatible with each other.So my advice is to not buy the same fish from the same batch,buy a bigger aquarium or separate your fishes.

thanks,
tosakin fancier
tosakin_fancier
hi,

I think maybe the calico ranchus that you bought are not comfortable with the presence of the red ranchus.Did you bought the calico ranchus, both male and female from the same shop?IF you do, maybe you bought these ranchus from a bad batch. I also had the same problem every year.But that time is way back. I found that most of the aggressive goldfishes that i bought came from the same batch and shop.This problem also happened to my baby comets recently.They have turned six months old and i thought that it was time for them to socialize with the others.I TRIED MIXING them with 2 two year old comets as a precaution because 4 of my previous baby comets was eaten by the adult comets although their size was already 2 inches.BUT this batch turns the whole way around! I left the 2 adults with them for two hours thinking that they'll be fine but when i came back i saw that the baby comets are harassing the adult comets.They split themselves into 2 groups and started biting and attacking those poor adults. I have raised a bad batch as the previous batch didn't have any attitude problem.I guess maybe some fish just like to be aggressive.Or maybe the pond or aquarium that you are using is too small for those ranchus.Sometimes, a certain fish just becomes aggressive because they do not have enough space for themselves.And last but not least, I think that your fishes are not compatible with each other.So my advice is to not buy the same fish from the same batch,buy a bigger aquarium or separate your fishes.

thanks,
tosakin fancier
bettaempire
Thank you very much for the info sir...

They are ok now laugh.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.