Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Too Much Aeration, Bad For Ranchu?
RafflesGold Forums > Discussion Area > Green Water, Filtration and Tank Setup
chubachuchu
I have 20g long tank, Aquaclear filter rated for 70g, Aquaclear 20 powerhead and whisper air pump rated for 40g. I use the powerhead and air pump to provide maximum aeration. my tank is full of small and big bubbles. Would that be fine? I'm afraid that they might eat the bubbles or they might suck in the air(bubbles) when they breathe. We don't want air to get in their tummy, that's why people suggest sinking pellet food, right?
goldrush
Looks like you got a shelf made jacuzzi in a 20 g tank!!!Your fish is swimming in a whirlpool with that kind of powerhead drive and that will tire the poor creatures in no time I'm sure you don't wanna run on a thread mill 24 hours and for the next 365 days!
top_view_ranchu
QUOTE(goldrush @ Wed, 05 May 2010 10:26 pm) *

Looks like you got a shelf made jacuzzi in a 20 g tank!!!Your fish is swimming in a whirlpool with that kind of powerhead drive and that will tire the poor creatures in no time I'm sure you don't wanna run on a thread mill 24 hours and for the next 365 days!

Doc,
Very well illustrated! good_very.gif
Hahahahahahaha................... hysterical.gif hysterical.gif hysterical.gif
You really champion! beg2.gif
Donny041280
QUOTE(top_view_ranchu @ Fri, 07 May 2010 3:46 pm) *

Doc,
Very well illustrated! good_very.gif
Hahahahahahaha................... hysterical.gif hysterical.gif hysterical.gif
You really champion! beg2.gif

Agreed tongue.gif
Better using sponge but prepare to net the poo twice a day
Donny041280
QUOTE(Donny041280 @ Tue, 25 May 2010 4:15 am) *

Agreed tongue.gif
Better using sponge but prepare to net the poo twice a day

But speaking of exercise, instead of treadmill can we customized the current to a body building type of exercise
Ex: turn on the power filter to max bout 10 minutes a day then repeat the other day
Will it train the muscles and stimulate appetite to get a strong and powerfull ranchu (yokozuna type)
Just a thought and never try it

Donny
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.