Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Favourite Trait Of Ranchu For You
RafflesGold Forums > Discussion Area > Fancy Goldfish
Absolute Ranchu
I have been reviewing most of the pics that you have posted in the past and I would like to pose one question to all members. Is it me or all members like to have fish that the jelly is not too grand. The fish usually do not have trunks on the jelly, either. The fish will have nice back and good tail raise angle, and nice scales. Is this what you like in Singapore? Do you think that headgrowth like ranchu better or the same as the headgrowth of Lionchu? I find that people from different area will appreciate a bit different fish. Would it be possible that you share your views briefly on what you think is a beautiful fish?

Since I cull my fish in accordance with the Nichiran standards, there are very little room for us to experiment. Since I have joined this Forum I have been exposed to more and more of your sideview ranchu pics. I would like to find out this (your personal tastes) because, in the future, I may be able to keep some of the fish that you bros in Singapore think is truly beautiful specially for you. A lot of the shorter fish with small headgrowth, we usually feed them to the Arapaima at the farm for we do not have room to keep all the fish. We cull more than 70% of fish that do not fit our strict standards. May be if I am better educated of what you like, I may be able to cater to all your specific taste and requirements better. You have to understand it is really difficult to breed topviews, already.

I would like to thank you for the kind assistance of all members in this in advance. I promise that I will use the feedback to improve my operation. We are still quite new in the field. cheers.

Sawasdee and Korp Khun Krap

Pat peace.gif
CyberET
i don't represent all.. just my own personal preference
i like a ranchu with nice tail, nice back, and overall a balanced fish
as to headgrowth, i don't have specific preference

y don't u ask tung hoi aquarium?
they r one of the well known farms in china

what do you think is a beautiful sideview ranchu yourself?

i like the attached finished chinese fish wink.gif

IPB Image
HappyBuddha
Here's another pic of the above ranchu.

IPB Image
Absolute Ranchu
QUOTE(CyberET @ Fri 16 Apr 2004 12:25 PM)
i don't represent all.. just my own personal preference
i like a ranchu with nice tail, nice back, and overall a balanced fish
as to headgrowth, i don't have specific preference

y don't u ask tung hoi aquarium?
they r one of the well known farms in china

what do you think is a beautiful sideview ranchu yourself?

i like the attached finished chinese fish wink.gif

I must tell you that I am not an expert on sideview. I have seen quite a few fish from China, but most of the one I've seen are either not very nice or really big. In every brood, I get about 5,000 fish total. A lot of the one that I culled are because they are a bit too short and round. I am learning. I think that by looking at enough nice sideview (and hearing your comments, of course) I will be able to start culling and keeping nice sideviews successfully.

peace.gif
Seacucumber
personally, i stress a lot on body shape, smoothness of arch, good tail, balanced headgrowth etc......

i wouldn't buy a fish with good headgrowth, good tail but body not that ideal....
Absolute Ranchu
QUOTE(g-string @ Fri 16 Apr 2004 09:08 PM)
personally, i stress a lot on body shape, smoothness of arch, good tail, balanced headgrowth etc......

i wouldn't buy a fish with good headgrowth, good tail but body not that ideal....

Thank you for your answer. Just exactly what I am looking for. Keep the comments coming brothers. good_very.gif
CyberET
tail would be what i look out for first, but i've gotta be picky nowadays or else i'll end up with way too many fishes, and beyond my ability to groom them all.

so if i were to rank it..
tail, body shape, balanced everything, smoothness of arch, headgrowth
Bud_(",)
some tat i like smile.gif
desireless
For me, I don't think I am ready for topview yet, so currently I only look out for side views.

My ranking when choosing is:

- Body shape
- Smooth curve
- Tail
- Complete fins (incld a pair of anal fins)
- Country of breed
- Colour
- Head growth

But of course, I usually look out for Thai fishes before I choose. Seldom look at chinese fishes biggrin.gif
Absolute Ranchu
This is excellent, I am keeping notes on all your points. It's like going to another ranchu school. It's kind of neat. Please keep the comment coming ok. Cheers.

Pat good_very.gif happydance1.gif
nobnoba
Pat,
since you are so enthusiastic to learn, i have few questions for urself. i, as i am sure many people here too, also want to learn your views of good ranchu.

- what is your standard of culling? what diffrentiate from good and normal ranchu for your particular farm?
- do you have pictures or websites of your farm that we can see as guidance?

i am sure you must have terrific ranchus, since you adhere to strict standards. i very much look forward to your answers. good_very.gif
Absolute Ranchu
QUOTE(nobnoba @ Sat 17 Apr 2004 12:20 PM)
Pat,
since you are so enthusiastic to learn, i have few questions for urself. i, as i am sure many people here too, also want to learn your views of good ranchu.

- what is your standard of culling? what diffrentiate from good and normal ranchu for your particular farm?
- do you have pictures or websites of your farm that we can see as guidance?

i am sure you must have terrific ranchus, since you adhere to strict standards. i very much look forward to your answers.  good_very.gif

We cull our fish in accordance with the Nichiran standards as observed by the Japanese Ranchu Association. If you would like to see this standards of good topview ranchu in english, I suggest that you go to Geert's website of the Belgium Honzokai. He has been very cordial enough to provide downloadable file on the subject. The details on the standards are very numerouse. Cheers.

With regards to our website, I am in the process of constructing it, and we planned for it to be up and running by the end of the third quarter this year.

Bro Caster is in BKK this weekend, and he said that he will be dropping by to see me tomorrow. He also said that he will be taking lots of pictures to show. If you would like to see some pictures of our farm and our product, I will be more than happy to oblige.

Sawasdee krap.
wink.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.