Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Floaty Ryukin
RafflesGold Forums > Discussion Area > Green Water, Filtration and Tank Setup
ebkielty
I have a lovely Ryukin Girl, my first Goldy I've had for over 3 years. Now she's got swim bladder problem and can really only float at the top... she appears otherwise healthy but is hard to feed now(by hand, as she can't control herself to get food before it sinks) This is alot of monkeying around ... do you think green water would be a good choice as nutrients are already built in. I think i could fire up a green water tank pretty easily
UnSun
You can try by lowering the water level to about 7 inches, use a sponge filter and feed frozen blood worms, daphnia, cyclops, peas etc.. Reduced water pressure will stimulate swimming activity. I've experienced that green water will definitely helps,but it will also increase his appetite and he will eat like hell, I don't know whether you want that, in view of his sbd.(but if it's not 100% sbd and just constipated, than it is ok)
cheers
oranda.gif
ebkielty
QUOTE(UnSun @ Thu, 02 Dec 2010 4:32 am) *

You can try by lowering the water level to about 7 inches, use a sponge filter and feed frozen blood worms, daphnia, cyclops, peas etc.. Reduced water pressure will stimulate swimming activity. I've experienced that green water will definitely helps,but it will also increase his appetite and he will eat like hell, I don't know whether you want that, in view of his sbd.(but if it's not 100% sbd and just constipated, than it is ok)
cheers
oranda.gif

OK she's in 20 gals and I have a sponge running in there already, along with 2 Aquaclear 30s(baffled so some water drips on her belly) how often would you change the water in this scenario, right now I do a PWC about every other day (she is pooping) what temp do you like ? Also she could be egg bound
UnSun
20 gal sounds not bad. What's the water level now ? (very important). You have to remove the top plastic bit on the sponge filter then you can take the water level to 7 inch.
Temperature not below 60F should be ok, otherwise w/c is a pain with a heater. Daily 50% w/c is advised. Plenty of aeration but try to avoid water turbulence that trash your fish around.
Egg bound? Have to see fish first. ( many members here are experienced with this problem) Can you post a picture please?

Cheers biggrin.gif
adamasify
Try to feed Gel Food. It helps Sometimes.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.