Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Fish Caught Fungus In Green Water..what Went Wrong?
RafflesGold Forums > Discussion Area > Green Water, Filtration and Tank Setup
beaniefm
Hi Bro

I have a 1.5 feet white tub with green water with 2 fishes inside. 2 days before i transfer the green water to a bigger 2.5 feet white tub with the fishes. I used the 1.5 feet tub to fill out new clear water, put anti chlorine and top up inside the new tub.

After the change of tub, the fishes sank to the bottom of the tub. I thought they were adjusting to the new place. After work i got home and i saw all 3 fishes with large amount of fungus covered on their bodies and head.

I quickly did a water change with 10% green water remaining and top up with clean water. Put salt, melafix and primafix immediately. Today the fungus went away but the colour of the fishes turned pale. But they were able to swim around a little.

So i did another water changed 90% and put in salt, melafix and primafix again. I am not sure if they are on the road to recovery, any bro out there experience this before?

Wonder what i did wrong in the process? Was it that i kept the entire green water and top up with clear water thats incorrect?

Oh i also add 1 fish from my display tank which is very healthy after i changed the green water into the new tank. Do you think its because i added the 3rd fish that got into this problem?

Would be nice if any bro can share their experience and what they did to get the fishes back to good health in the green water. smile.gif
UnSun
Your new water is not right. Have you check it's PH after you discovered those "fungus" ?
beaniefm
QUOTE(UnSun @ Fri, 07 Jan 2011 10:21 am) *

Your new water is not right. Have you check it's PH after you discovered those "fungus" ?

No i did not check the PH. Normally i don't check the PH, i have never encountered fungus in clear water in the past few years in display tank. But for green water i m surprised that fungus can develop hence i wonder if anyone has the same experience and knew the cause. I thought green water is healthier than clear water but i m new in green water so wanna check with bros here. thanks.
CIDJ
QUOTE(beaniefm @ Fri, 07 Jan 2011 10:31 pm) *

No i did not check the PH. Normally i don't check the PH, i have never encountered fungus in clear water in the past few years in display tank. But for green water i m surprised that fungus can develop hence i wonder if anyone has the same experience and knew the cause. I thought green water is healthier than clear water but i m new in green water so wanna check with bros here. thanks.

Hi,

For this kind of symptom just change all the water and you don't need to added
any medication. Just pour back some green water and de-chlorainator will do as
this issue is not caused by green water. Check your stocking relative to the water
volume. BTW is your green water under indoor or outdoor?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.