Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Fancy Goldfish Disease?
RafflesGold Forums > Discussion Area > Fancy Goldfish
Yana
Hi i need some help. I have an outside pond with all kinds of fancy goldfish. My crystal eye gold fish has some kind of flesh eating disease on its back (or so i think, look at images). Also heís eye is a problem, he lost an eye in a fight. But what is also weird is that it started to turn black, also on his body after he lost his eye. Some of my other fish also has these what looks like chafing (white in color) on their bodies/scales and some of them has tails that looks like its eaten away at. At first i thought it was the fish fighting cause i had some aggressive commet fish i saw hurting my other fish, but i got rid of all my commets and the problem still continues and i donít see them fighting anymore. i wanna know what all of these problems are and what i can do about it. Thanks! unsure.gif

IMG_0383.JPG

IMG_0377.JPG
DeadEnd
QUOTE(Yana @ Thu, 26 Jan 2012 6:18 pm) *

Hi i need some help. I have an outside pond with all kinds of fancy goldfish. My crystal eye gold fish has some kind of flesh eating disease on its back (or so i think, look at images). Also heís eye is a problem, he lost an eye in a fight. But what is also weird is that it started to turn black, also on his body after he lost his eye. Some of my other fish also has these what looks like chafing (white in color) on their bodies/scales and some of them has tails that looks like its eaten away at. At first i thought it was the fish fighting cause i had some aggressive commet fish i saw hurting my other fish, but i got rid of all my commets and the problem still continues and i donít see them fighting anymore. i wanna know what all of these problems are and what i can do about it. Thanks! unsure.gif

Seem like there is also tail rot. Test the water for ammonia and nitrite. Do you have adequate filtration for the pond? Might need to use treatment to get rid of all parasite on the fish and pond.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.