IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image
jowy_ham
What's that ? rotten food ? eeeeeeeeee

How long U put them there liao ?
caster
QUOTE(mountain @ Thu 06 May 2004 10:53 PM)
Take note/Take Precaution

I kenna that many times liao.. tried taping it with masking tape, put the feed slightly higher....but hai, once the fish splashes.. straight away kenna liao. Now I silicone the autofeeder. and I put in the pellet thru the opening where the pellet is suppose to drop out. Tedious but boh pian leh sad.gif
jowy_ham
wow, your goldfish can splash so high to kenna the auto-feeder unsure.gif

My auto-feeder ( jus got it from Dennis today ) was placed 3 inches above water level, hope they ( goldfish ) can't get it tongue.gif

BTW, this is the 1st time i use auto-feeder, then I very stupid, I really put the pellets in via the hole that they are coming out, only later then I realise the correct way blush.gif blush.gif

laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif
desireless
QUOTE(jowy_ham @ Fri 07 May 2004 01:32 AM)

BTW, this is the 1st time i use auto-feeder, then I very stupid, I really put the pellets in via the hole that they are coming out, only later then I realise the correct way  blush.gif  blush.gif

laugh.gif  laugh.gif  laugh.gif

That's not surprising, you're not the only one who does that.

Both bro Domho and Choco are supposed to come up with a complete and comprehensive step-by-step FAQ on how to use auto-feeder. They have some out-of-the-world methods of handling auto-feeder.

So stay put... biggrin.gif
domho7
QUOTE(desireless @ Fri 07 May 2004 03:51 AM)
That's not surprising, you're not the only one who does that.

Both bro Domho and Choco are supposed to come up with a complete and comprehensive step-by-step FAQ on how to use auto-feeder. They have some out-of-the-world methods of handling auto-feeder.

So stay put... biggrin.gif

Yes bro

Me & Bro Choco working out a DIY Auto feeder, dont need to use the yellow pegs also.

Stay tune!!! good_very.gif
HappyBuddha
QUOTE(mountain @ Thu 06 May 2004 10:53 PM)
Take note/Take Precaution

My AF gets pretty wet too to the extend I worry the clock mechanism inside may give way due to moisture entering it.

But my pellets never rot.

I use Hikari Lionhead. What are those pellets in your AF? Could the ingredients of the pellet has an effect on how quickly it rots?

On the other hand, my pellets are never more than 3 days old - I don't fill the container fully but just sufficient for 3 days of feeding. I prefer my pellets crispy instead of exposed to air for too long to retain their freshness. unsure.gif
HappyBuddha
QUOTE(caster @ Fri 07 May 2004 12:45 AM)
I kenna that many times liao.. tried taping it with masking tape, put the feed slightly higher....but hai, once the fish splashes.. straight away kenna liao. Now I silicone the autofeeder. and I put in the pellet thru the opening where the pellet is suppose to drop out. Tedious but boh pian leh sad.gif

BINGO!

But I can't imagine spending time to fill-up the pellets through the small opening slowly.
jhansolo
QUOTE(caster @ Fri 07 May 2004 12:45 AM)

You serious? You have 8 autofeedr right ... there got to be a better innovation.
caster
QUOTE(jhansolo @ Fri 07 May 2004 12:39 PM)
You serious?  You have 8 autofeedr right ... there got to be a better innovation.

yap.. yap... quick help me think of a good solution... just bot another 3 auto feeder today tongue.gif
jhansolo
Tell me more in the next meeting, I love DIY. I'm very excitied good_very.gif
Allan
Mountain, is there a chance your AF is placed in a location when condensation can take place? For the record, my AF are placed outdoor and directly above the air-stone (so that the dropped pellet can disperse by the current.) Yet, I'm not experiencing rotted pellets when the AF's external casing is often moist.
mountain
its a mix of 3 high profile pellets. Why 3? becaz all 3 has been provon by hobbist to be "there". (boliao one lah .. happen that these 3 are left-overs)

anyway.. dunno lah .. i Incamp+busy at work = change water but no time to check out the AF. and it was placed at side a angle that i can only see the right side and the Left side was rotting away! mad.gif
i guess it got wet becaz of several factors, could be too much pellets + water splashes as i placed it at the waterhole of my OHF. I am stupid right?? well .... HELL NO!!! I scarifice 3 ranchus to bring you exclusive Pictures worthy of being one of the food items in AXN FEAR FACTOR!! EAT AND YOU WILL GET 100,000!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.