Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Green Water Project
RafflesGold Forums > Discussion Area > Green Water, Filtration and Tank Setup
white horse T1
special thks to HB, sq guy and desireless, i learnt from all the advices on lights, tub and methodology + pictorial guidance. yes.gif

while fighting a nitrate problem in main tank at hand, i realise not enough fish in tub to give the ammonia so increase the fire power. unsure.gif

i made it....after 8 days. tongue.gif

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image
HappyBuddha
Congrats; you've green water!

I guess it's time for you to reset it.

What are the plants for?

Increase your water volume. At that tub size, I think the max number of fish you should keep is one ranchu.
white horse T1
QUOTE(HappyBuddha @ Mon 24 May 2004 08:56 PM)
Congrats; you've green water!

I guess it's time for you to reset it.

What are the plants for?

Increase your water volume.  At that tub size, I think the max number of fish you should keep is one ranchu.

not so intense yet. maybe in day 10.
since this is my 1st seeding, i use a lower water level

plants? shade for ranchu, no lah,
notice they are turning yellow in sump tank so also bring them out for sun tan if they cannot make it, let the fish feast on them lor....
desireless
Congrats bro!! Wah... orgasm man!

Anyway, after first seed, you can upgrade to bigger tub. For a 6000K light, it penetrates into 10 inch deep into intense green with no problem. I am using Toyogo model 9709 for the 2ft lights that I have. Fits nicely. But too bad I cannot find a deeper one with that LxB. 10 inch height for 60 litres of water each with 4 fishes.... very very over crowded... but they still chubby chubby. tongue.gif So until the dowager permits another space for another tub.... unsure.gif

IPB Image

Oversized Linked Image (Click to Expand)
IPB Image
domho7
QUOTE(desireless @ Mon 24 May 2004 10:05 PM)

Anyway, after first seed, you can upgrade to bigger tub. For a 6000K light, it penetrates into 10 inch deep into intense green with no problem. I am using Toyogo model 9709 for the 2ft lights that I have. Fits nicely. But too bad I cannot find a deeper one with that LxB. 10 inch height for 60 litres of water each with 4 fishes.... very very over crowded... but they still chubby chubby.  tongue.gif  So until the dowager permits another space for another tub.... unsure.gif

whoa, r ranchus looks pui pui ah.!!

Woo, should try green water soon ah!!! good_very.gif
nobnoba
QUOTE(HappyBuddha @ Mon 24 May 2004 08:56 PM)
At that tub size, I think the max number of fish you should keep is one ranchu.

I am curious about keeping 1 ranchu per tank/tub/container. I noticed that whenever i keep just 1 fish per tank, the fish becomes slower... as if feeling lonely laugh.gif Does anyone notice the same thing? or this is just my mind playing tricks on me blush.gif
desireless
My tub only got 60 litres each (4 fishes in each). So this amt only meant for one ranchu if going by USA standards of 1 fish to 20 gallons. Under the strong light, I can see the fishes if they come close to the side of tub. So I always see the stupid ranchus head-on on each other laugh.gif Quite a common sight. Funny biggrin.gif
ranchuman
QUOTE(nobnoba @ Tue 25 May 2004 12:28 AM)
I am curious about keeping 1 ranchu per tank/tub/container. I noticed that whenever i keep just 1 fish per tank, the fish becomes slower... as if feeling lonely  laugh.gif  Does anyone notice the same thing? or this is just my mind playing tricks on me  blush.gif

I also notice that ranchu tends to be less active when being left alone. When I place it back into the main tank, I can see that it swim around actively with other ranchus shiok.gif ..perhaps the main tank is a lot bigger that quarantine tank in term of size.
ranchuman
QUOTE(white horse T1 @ Mon 24 May 2004 08:43 PM)
special thks to HB, sq guy and desireless, i learnt from all the advices on lights, tub and methodology + pictorial guidance.  yes.gif

while fighting a nitrate problem in main tank at hand, i realise not enough fish in tub to give the ammonia so increase the fire power. unsure.gif

i made it....after 8 days. tongue.gif

User Posted Image

User Posted Image

User Posted Image

Hi White Horse,

do you keep the light on for 24 hrs? Will the heat generated from the lighting too much for the plastic tub since u place the whole light set without the stand?
white horse T1
QUOTE(desireless @ Mon 24 May 2004 10:05 PM)

Anyway, after first seed, you can upgrade to bigger tub. For a 6000K light, it penetrates into 10 inch deep into intense green with no problem. I am using Toyogo model 9709 for the 2ft lights that I have. Fits nicely. But too bad I cannot find a deeper one with that LxB. 10 inch height for 60 litres of water each with 4 fishes.... very very over crowded... but they still chubby chubby.  tongue.gif  So until the dowager permits another space for another tub.... unsure.gif

sigh! i got to make sure the tub is out of reach from the young ones otherwise they wash their faces in them or play fishing in the tub.

meantime, this one will suffice first even if 1 fish only. it sit nicely on top of my book shelves and near window for some natural sunlight. and won't get too unsightly.......my main concern laugh.gif
white horse T1
i swear that the little ranhcu that i throw in to seed the green water, somehow the cheeks just got a new lease of life - it got inflated !

really amaze at what green water is doing to the fishes.
desireless
Same same.... The white face was botak when I first bought it. It passed it's "wens puberty" in green water. Somehow I think the wens will not be so developed if not for the green water. But I don't have another fish not kept in green water to compare with, to back my claim unsure.gif . Yet I am very glad to have thrown most of my fishes into the green water tubs.

Good growth + easy maintainance good_very.gif
white horse T1
QUOTE(desireless @ Thu 27 May 2004 01:31 PM)
Same same.... The white face was botak when I first bought it. It passed it's "wens puberty" in green water. Somehow I think the wens will not be so developed if not for the green water. But I don't have another fish not kept in green water to compare with, to back my claim  unsure.gif . Yet I am very glad to have thrown most of my fishes into the green water tubs.

Good growth + easy maintainance  good_very.gif

i took a glance this morning and i tot my sleepy eyes playing trick on me, took another glance, is this my fish? catch another and see wen also balloning.

upgrading to bigger tub liao. mah tu liao. tongue.gif

let me try to get some photo to show the before and after effect but my macro function is shitty.
white horse T1
QUOTE(stanhong23 @ Tue 25 May 2004 12:59 AM)
Hi White Horse,

do you keep the light on for 24 hrs? Will the heat generated from the lighting too much for the plastic tub since u place the whole light set without the stand?

12 hrs a day,

lamp on tub: no meltdown if this is what u asking.
toyogo quality u know.
mrchoco
basket..
all want green water..
i dun want yet keep coming
1 fish also got green water....
filtered tank some more.

IPB Image
domho7
QUOTE(mrchoco @ Fri 28 May 2004 11:42 PM)
basket..
all want green water..
filtered tank some more.

Give me some bro smile.gif
mrchoco
QUOTE(domho7 @ Sat 29 May 2004 12:12 AM)
Give me some bro  smile.gif

wah...
cannot lah.
RG members dun provide seeds...
desireless
QUOTE(mrchoco @ Sat 29 May 2004 12:58 AM)
wah...
cannot lah.
RG members dun provide seeds...

ya lor... you dunno "someone" is very against passing green water seed meh? rolleyes.gif

At least use PM to ask for seed mah... wahahahah laugh.gif
HappyBuddha
QUOTE(mrchoco @ Fri 28 May 2004 11:42 PM)
basket..
all want green water..
filtered tank some more.

User Posted Image

How come har? unsure.gif

When was the last time you change the water? To cultivate green water, with full intention, from scratch takes about 1-2 weeks. If we change huge quantity of water once a week, it seems quite difficult to get green water if there's bio-filtration! rolleyes.gif

Badun powder? biggrin.gif
mrchoco
one week old water leh.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.