Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Blood Worms
RafflesGold Forums > Discussion Area > Fancy Goldfish
mountain
IPB Image

i bought a box of FBW from Darwin ... darn .. to my surprise, my fish doesn't seem to like them .. and worst still, my pearl scales can't digest them well .. all shells comes out .. mad.gif

on closer examination, i realise its different from the usual ones i buy labelled U.S.
Gosh .. anyone using this too??

IPB Image
desireless
I have been switching between Jukkon and Hikari Bloodworms every now and then... My fish still eats them OK leh.

I think maybe your fishes are SPG... Only go for ang mor stuffs.

"Ang Mor lan jiao big mah" <-- laugh.gif
HappyBuddha
QUOTE(mountain @ Sat 05 Jun 2004 04:42 PM)
.. and worst still, my pearl scales can't digest them well .. all shells comes out ..  mad.gif

I noticed empty shells in poos but only if I've been overfeeding the fishes.

If I feed 2 cubes per fish, the poos will be made of of mostly empty shells.

If I feed 2 cubes per fish, but each cube fed an hour apart, the poos will come out short and chunky. Bloodworm's shells cannot be found.

So I figured what happened is they ate too much too quickly they didn't have time to digest the worms completely before they get "pushed" out through their digestive track. It's wasteful.
domho7
Eh Mountain

Mine same as yours and I got it from Darwin also.

I feed 2 cubes per day, my goldfish simply loves them. good_very.gif
mountain
hmm .. okay .. feel good to hear i am not the only 1 using the china bw.
if they still dun like them after a while, i will pass them to you .. i bought the whole box hmm.gif

maybe i have been playing too much with them today . I set up another seeded green water tub near the window and the 2 pearl scales contributed so much empty worm shells mad.gif
HappyBuddha
QUOTE(mountain @ Sat 05 Jun 2004 07:47 PM)
if they still dun like them after a while, i will pass them to you .. i bought the whole box  hmm.gif

Just starve your fishes for a day and I gaurantee they will take whatever you throw in...
domho7
QUOTE(mountain @ Sat 05 Jun 2004 07:47 PM)
if they still dun like them after a while, i will pass them to you .. i bought the whole box  hmm.gif

maybe i have been playing too much with them today . I set up another seeded green water tub  near the window and the 2 pearl scales contributed so much empty worm shells  mad.gif

relax mountain, follow HB's advice starve them for 1 day, than throw in the worms, if they still dont hoot, sell the box to me ah. smile.gif
mountain
laugh.gif i just starved them for 13 1/2 days remembered laugh.gif

although i did take some care on feeding when i came back , feeding just a bit gradually. Glad i passed the test of leaving the fish home alone.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.