Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Ga 062 - Ryukin
RafflesGold Forums > Discussion Area > Goldfish Academy
GA Secretary
have been keeping for almost a year now... a male ryukin... any comments will be welcome... thanks...

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image
Frankie
GORGEOUS!

This Ryukin gets me excited!!!

Although in 2 out of the 3 pics the dorsal fin isn't fully erect, I assume that's because the ryukin was swimming actively resulting in movements of the fin.

How big is it? I look forward to see it in a competition; won't be easy since the local club seem to have container loads of Ryukin in their collection but your effort will be recognised!

Keep the passion burning!
Frankie
nothing to complain about body shape and finnages but colour might be an disadvantage in competition.

higher percentage of white will lose out.

nevertheless, i dun mind owning this piece.
biggrin.gif
Frankie
12 red biggrin.gif
unbalanced fish
lets see how it develops and whether it'll improve in future smile.gif

does that water feature in the background have fishes? drool.gif
Frankie
QUOTE(Frankie @ Mon, 15 Nov 2004 11:49 am)
12 red biggrin.gif

A true 12-reds has an all white body, and ideally all-red finages.
Frankie
QUOTE(Frankie @ Mon, 15 Nov 2004 11:51 am)
A true 12-reds has an all white body, and ideally all-red finages.

almost la.. laugh.gif
where got so easy to get true 12-red
Frankie
QUOTE(Frankie @ Mon, 15 Nov 2004 11:54 am)
almost la.. laugh.gif
where got so easy to get true 12-red

not that hard to find except usually they are lower grade Ryukin or just the common golldfish bred by ah pek of ulu ulu farms in JK.
Frankie
you said it liao ma... lower grade ryukin or common goldfish..
GA Secretary
QUOTE(Frankie @ Mon, 15 Nov 2004 7:25 am)

How big is it

err... about the size of Nokia 7650... about palm size i guess... yes.gif
Frankie
first pic like a goldfish ornament tongue.gif

--- edit

Please refrain from posting unconstructive comments.
Frankie
QUOTE(Frankie @ Mon, 15 Nov 2004 11:35 am)
nothing to complain about body shape and finnages but colour might be an disadvantage in competition.

biggrin.gif

Grand Champion Aquarama 2003 was a pair of Ryukin with 90% white.

Never judge a fish based on color or pattern. Maybe a little if the pattern is so unique that can command a premium in points. So important is still the entire fish, not color or pattern.

This fish so so ... lack the bulk look of a short tail ryukin. Looks quite thin in fact. Compare with the ryukin from Void posted somewhere in the forum, this fish is not as good as that piece.
Frankie
QUOTE(Frankie @ Mon, 15 Nov 2004 11:35 am)

biggrin.gif

Cannot describe anymore better that this comment....too much white is no good for ryukin, especially the white face which appear to be yellowish....
CP
I like the way the reds are controlled at the dorsal fin and tails.Stops with a clear demarcation,instead of being 'splattered' towards the ends which we commonly see.
However personally I feel that the hump could have been a tad higher,and I would prefer the hump to rise more drastically from the end of the head with the head slightly 'wedged' into the hump.
My personal preference,nevetheless I feel this is a fish good enough for competition,though it may not win.

Regards
cpiw2002
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.