There's much to learn
if knowledge is what you yearn
There's no end in sight
So please continue to follow this light
The light that beam through the darkness of ignorance in goldfishkeeping
Enjoy the thrills of victory and overcome the agony of defeat
See it through the eyes of the victor,
Feel it through the heart of the loser
And discover the true meaning of RG Brotherhood...........

good.gif good.gif good.gif

regards

goldrush
GF Lover
QUOTE(cpiw2002 @ Sat, 26 Feb 2005 9:20 pm)
.......know your enemies........
.......understand the terrains.........
                      -Sun Tzu (Art of War)

So did you win the war?
CP
QUOTE(goldfish Lover @ Sun, 27 Feb 2005 9:27 pm)
So did you win the war?

Nah beh.....
Cant read Chinese so could not understand Sun Tzu
Today I was Napoleon at Waterloo mad.gif mad.gif
Seacucumber
yo!!!!!!!!
wah lanz....whole day event......damm shaq....

hey CP! nice knowing you! look more handsome than i expect....
was that your wife and 3 kids at the CC today??
Seacucumber
QUOTE(goldrush @ Sun, 27 Feb 2005 9:52 am)
Dear Bros

This is the moment ,this is the day
goldrush

good_very.gif

cheers! very nice of you to say hi to us....
btw, wat time u left?? u kind of disppear...... ohmy.gif
CP
QUOTE(Seacucumber @ Sun, 27 Feb 2005 9:36 pm)
yo!!!!!!!!
wah lanz....whole day event......damm shaq....

hey CP! nice knowing you! look more handsome than i expect....
was that your wife and 3 kids at the CC today??

Heh heh heh kum siah kum siah.

Nice to see most of you finally.Desireless,Laser, Mountain,WHT1.Bunch of jokers.

And Goldrush too.Now I dont have to imagine how you folks really look like.

Yup,that was my wife and the 3 little monsters.
Seacucumber
hope u can get use to us....
we talk a lot of nonsense....hehehehehe
The Matrix
QUOTE(goldrush @ Sun, 27 Feb 2005 8:53 am)
Sorry matrix,I wasn't into bubbles bubbles.
I won prizes for calico oranda,red and white ranchu(which they spelled on the trophy LANCHO ha)calico ranchus and rhyukins.If I have the time I wil ltry to take a pic of those abandoned  trophies.(if dust permits)

goldrush good_very.gif

ahhh .... i try to recalled but u might not be the one i tot ... when u holding to the trophies, i just starting to go slightly more serious into fish keeping only.

U went to the show also never say. can meet u for kopi mah
desireless
Congrats to:

- Narin (giorin) for winning the 4TH PLACING for the TVR OYA Category clap.gif

- LASERGUY for winning the Consolation Prize for the SVR Cat B. clap.gif

Anymore anymore?! biggrin.gif

Some pics, pls yes.gif Here's some I have taken.

Competition Banner:
IPB Image

Trophies for Top View Category:
IPB Image

Trophies for Side View Category:
IPB Image
CP
IPB Image

Cat A 5th
IPB Image

CatA 4th
IPB Image

Cat A 3rd:
IPB Image

Cat A 2nd:
IPB Image

Cat A 1st:
IPB Image
CP
Cat B 5th:
IPB Image

Cat B 4th:
IPB Image

Cat B 3rd:
IPB Image

Cat B 2nd:
IPB Image

Cat B 1st and SV Grand Champion:
IPB Image
CP
Laser's Consolation prize winner!!
IPB Image

Some of Rg members entrees:
IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image

p/s Missed out one more.Paiseh.
CP
And,last but not least,the future Grand Champion.This year give chance. biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

IPB Image
CP
Some Cat B fishes whom,in my opinion,should have won something but didn't.

IPB Image

I think this is from Qi Kim Hu.
IPB Image

This piece is my favourite,from HOR.Really huge.Worthy of Grand Champion if I am judge,but won nothing!! mad2.gif
IPB Image
desireless
QUOTE(cpiw2002 @ Sun, 27 Feb 2005 11:16 pm)
And,last but not least,the future Grand Champion.This year give chance. biggrin.gif  biggrin.gif  biggrin.gif

Click to view attachment

Hahaha biggrin.gif

I was about to ask you for the one you sent. Confirm got potential!!
giorin
Hi, desireless

This is the my tv ranchu 4TH PLACING for the TVR OYA Category.
Thank you. I learn a lot in this compettition. biggrin2.gif

IPB Image

IPB Image
desireless
QUOTE(giorin @ Sun, 27 Feb 2005 11:37 pm)
Hi, desireless

This is the my tv ranchu 4TH PLACING for the TVR OYA Category.
Thank you. I learn a lot in this compettition. biggrin2.gif

Yo giorin... Thanks for the pic. It's a very nice fish! good_very.gif

I had no chance to look at the TVR as my fishes were quite stressed during the comp.
CP
QUOTE(desireless @ Sun, 27 Feb 2005 11:42 pm)
I had no chance to look at the TVR as my fishes were quite stressed during the comp.

Wah lau eh!!At least for you its the fish that is stressed.For me it is ME that is stressed!!
See the judge walk past my tank and never stop,my heart almost stopped!!
desireless
QUOTE(cpiw2002 @ Sun, 27 Feb 2005 11:51 pm)
Wah lau eh!!At least for you its the fish that is stressed.For me it is ME that is stressed!!
See the judge walk past my tank and never stop,my heart almost stopped!!

Hahaha... Remember we were like ah bengs (hooligans) when the judges walked past our tanks hysterical.gif

"Oei Oei! Stop!! And look at my bruddy fish leh!!!"
desireless
More pix:

Benching in:
IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image
desireless
Over view:
IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image
CyberET
had a fun day, but all ranchus.. sad.gif
seen lots of interesting faces today, hehe
Samuelphan
Congrats to all winners biggrin.gif
The show was definitely an eye opener for myself ... looking forward to the next smile.gif
goldrush
Hello RG members

Thxs for the acknowledgement esp CPIW.Desireless,laserguy,sea cucumber and white horse.I was there till the ranchu talk got started.By then probably you all went for tea and I left with a little disappointment(no lah just joking)Any way nice to see you guys for the first time . Reminiscence of the time I was at your age,full of enthusiasm and vigour.Kudos to the organiser for running such a successful event and ensuring minimal stress to the participating fishes(unlike those days where the fish has to be housed up to 3 days)I have noticed the staff meticulously added chemicals(most likely oxygenating agents)to invigorate the water esp TV section.
I'm not too sure who won the grand champion?Is it a hobbyist or LFS owner?Care if any one can enlighten me on this query.
Having paid tribute and all the well wishes to all winners alike it's time to recollect ,recall and remember the basics of quarantine once the dust has settled and you have collected your fish back from competition.Observe your entry for a couple of days before you reintroduce them back to your community.It is better to be safe then sorry.Hope I will see you guys again in the near future if not the INTERNET is just a finger or two away................Cheers

goldrush happydance.gif happydance.gif happydance.gif

PS: Were you there the Matrix?................My kopi still hot and awaiting.............
(Incidentally I dont remember starting this thread leh...............)
The Matrix
Grand Champ TVR : Thai, Commercial
Grand Champ SVR : Qi Kim Hu, Commercial

Me there the whole afternoon till bench out leh. Aquarama must go hor, berlanja kopi ...
white horse T1
QUOTE(cpiw2002 @ Sun, 27 Feb 2005 10:01 pm)
Nice to see most of you finally.Desireless,seacumber, Laser, Mountain,WHT1.Bunch of jokers.
And Goldrush too.

the most handsome one amongst the 5 should be me lah..... peace.gif
seldom appear u know good.gif ....i meet mountain and desireless 1st time also.

i think there was a couple of guys standing near us when we talked, we are very peace loving despite the tone and language used....don't be shy next time.....

in anycase, good show and effort despite the commercial flavour
GF Lover
QUOTE(The Matrix @ Mon, 28 Feb 2005 1:22 pm)

Me there the whole afternoon till bench out leh. Aquarama must go hor, berlanja kopi ...

I agree with you. It seems that money can buy the Championship. I heard from Pat of Absolute that you can buy a competition Kashino for around S$4,500/- a piece. Looks like some LFS is a rip-off if what Pat says is true. He even told me that this year's Kashino BBR will even be cheaper than last years. Should see the BBR by April. Better start saving for it.

In your opinion, since you were there the whole day, other than the commercial entities, who are the people in your opinion who have done well. I think people like Samuel Phan, by sending his own breed Jnr Tosai has done us proud. Very good start don't you think so. good_very.gif good_very.gif good_very.gif
CP
QUOTE(goldfish Lover @ Sun, 27 Feb 2005 9:27 pm)
So did you win the war?

goldfish Lover,
So, did your Jumbo Tosai take part and if you did how did it fare?
CP
For the record,I have 2 friends who won prizes in the Tosai category.(Both of them do not participate in forums).

The guy who came with me (wearing yellow and black long sleeve T shirt) got 3rd place and my other friend got 4th.

And their fishes costs only $180/=
CP
QUOTE(goldfish Lover @ Mon, 28 Feb 2005 3:35 pm)
I think people like Samuel Phan, by sending his own breed Jnr Tosai has done us proud. Very good start don't you think so. good_very.gif  good_very.gif  good_very.gif

More details please!!

As I have mentioned before,if a hobbyist can breed a prize winning fish it sure feels better than orgasm!
CHLeong
To Samuel, you deserve a medal for sending your own bred fish!

Although I did not won trophy but "won" lots of friends and learn alot from this competition. I would say that some bros still bother to show me their fishes rather than shy away. That's the spirts!

Rgds
CH Leong
goldrush

Anytime matrix kopi o or teh o mai bin o o can already

goldrush wink.gif
The Matrix
QUOTE(goldfish Lover @ Mon, 28 Feb 2005 3:35 pm)
In your opinion, since you were there the whole day, other than the commercial entities, who are the people in your opinion who have done well. I think people like Samuel Phan, by sending his own breed Jnr Tosai has done us proud. Very good start don't you think so. good_very.gif  good_very.gif  good_very.gif

No comments on the commercial, their business, their way of doing. I no say.

I think you've done well. Not just well, but very well. Continue to commit your time, effort and not-too-much $$$. Be consistent. Not use money to buy yourself in. Will do you no good in long term.

Samuel din't win anything. I guess we will talk more in near future. There is an objective, for him I knew. There is a will to want to get to the level, the key is not switch to ignition.

As for some that I have not met before, and won some trophies, I believe that this trend will continue and hopefully improve further. Be it buying fish to compete or grooming the purchased fishes or personal spawn, as long as the overall level of appreciation improve the next round, then it is good for the local hobbyists, good for the commercial entities to bring better fish and even pressurising the suppliers to provide us more good fish.

Maybe one fine day, years from now, we can have a real All Singapore Ranchu Show where the local breeders meet to compete ... instead of buy fish to compete. Just a dream ....
CyberET
sighz.. when will All Singapore Goldfish Show ever come.. sad.gif
Samuelphan
Yep ... did send it my self-bred TVR in the Jnr Tosai Category but din win any. The fish is still very young and merely make it to the 8cm criteria.

Special thanks to fellow bros that tried to put on the tall hat for me ... seriously I dun deserve it ;) Anyone can send in their self-bred fishes and not win ... haha tongue.gif

The show was an eye opener and really learn alot on the aspects on how TVRs should be appreciated and judged.

Matrix ... nice talking to you and it has always been enlightening. Will put some of your suggestions to good use. ;)
Seacucumber
QUOTE(Samuelphan @ Mon, 28 Feb 2005 5:51 pm)

Special thanks to fellow bros that tried to put on the tall hat for me ... seriously I dun deserve it ;) Anyone can send in their self-bred fishes and not win ... haha tongue.gif

bro,
its not easy to start from the roots....
i mean, breed, bringing up and send for comp...
the above is the real tough part....

imagine Koban and Alvin looking and analysing your entry during the judging...
its not a fish that you bought from a local LFS....
its not a fish that you imported from Thailand or Japan....
its not a fish that won a comp before...

BUT its your own sweat and blood...

RESPECT AH!
The Matrix
QUOTE(Samuelphan @ Mon, 28 Feb 2005 5:51 pm)
Yep ... did send it my self-bred TVR in the Jnr Tosai Category but din win any. The fish is still very young and merely make it to the 8cm criteria.

The show was an eye opener and really learn alot on the aspects on how TVRs should be appreciated and judged.

Matrix ... nice talking to you and it has always been enlightening. Will put some of your suggestions to good use. ;)

Spend more time to look at the fish. Very important. Dun wait till the last moment and find something went wrong. Dun worry about winning or not. Look at what u want to achieve and work towards that direction.

Money can buy anything, but can blind everything.
Seacucumber
QUOTE(goldrush @ Mon, 28 Feb 2005 4:06 pm)
Anytime matrix kopi o or teh o mai bin o o can already

goldrush wink.gif

i wan coke can?? biggrin.gif
goldrush
QUOTE(Seacucumber @ Mon, 28 Feb 2005 6:25 pm)
i wan coke can?? biggrin.gif

Drink coke from can or bottle no problem,company must be good and friendly most important good_very.gif
infocus
Wow!! So many RG lau jiao over there. Should have spoken to you guys yesterday. sad.gif Haiz...... too shy, loose out liao lah. If not, I would have learned a lot there. blush.gif
Seacucumber
QUOTE(goldrush @ Mon, 28 Feb 2005 7:10 pm)
Drink coke from can or bottle no problem,company must be good and friendly most important good_very.gif

i not friendly meh??
see u so handsome i shy mah....
kekekekeke laugh.gif
tosachu

The Gr Champ TVR belongs to a Thai hobbyist.
Apparently it is only about ONE year old!
He also got the Oya Third prize but I think that one was sold at the end of the show...
infocus
QUOTE(cpiw2002 @ Sun, 27 Feb 2005 11:22 pm)

This piece is my favourite,from HOR.Really huge.Worthy of Grand Champion if I am judge,but won nothing!! mad2.gif
Click to view attachment

Agree with you. I was looking at it again and again and wonder how come there is no prize for this fish. Maybe there is something the expert sees but I don't. tongue.gif
Seacucumber
QUOTE(infocus @ Mon, 28 Feb 2005 8:55 pm)
Agree with you. I was looking at it again and again and wonder how come there is no prize for this fish. Maybe there is something the expert sees but I don't. tongue.gif

personally, the fish has an obvious advantage in size...
but probably the arc of the back is not smooth....
also i find that the stomach is too big....
makes the fish look unbalanced...

but again, feel that it deserve at least a consolation....

p.s. i am not an expert...so shoot me if i am wrong biggrin.gif
desireless
QUOTE(goldrush @ Mon, 28 Feb 2005 11:12 am)
Hello RG members

Thxs for the acknowledgement esp CPIW.Desireless,laserguy,sea cucumber and white horse.I was there till the ranchu talk got started.By then probably you all went for tea and I left with a little disappointment(no lah just joking)Any way nice to see you guys for the first time .
PS: Were you there  the Matrix?................My kopi still hot and awaiting.............
(Incidentally I dont remember starting this thread leh...............)

paiseh paiseh... salute.gif

We were standing the whole day (before meeting you) and "someone" rolleyes.gif kept getting hungry so we had to to keep going out for food (The canteen food is siaoleow.gif).

Next time we meet (very soon biggrin.gif), sure have good kopi-cum-talk-cock session with you!! good_very.gif

PS: I shifted your post here as the starting post because I find it a very good one good.gif
mountain
QUOTE(desireless @ Mon, 28 Feb 2005 9:14 pm)
paiseh paiseh... salute.gif

We were standing the whole day (before meeting you) and "someone"  rolleyes.gif  kept getting hungry so we had to to keep going out for food (The canteen food is  siaoleow.gif).

Next time we meet (very soon biggrin.gif), sure have good kopi-cum-talk-cock session with you!!  good_very.gif

PS: I shifted your post here as the starting post because I find it a very good one  good.gif

mad3.gif mad3.gif i no eat breakfast lei ..
desireless
QUOTE(mountain @ Mon, 28 Feb 2005 9:26 pm)
mad3.gif  mad3.gif i no eat breakfast lei ..

Not you lah...

That "someone" is the one with "eat...eat...eat..." as his interest.

IPB Image
Seacucumber
oei oei oei!
i got high metabolism rate lah!
wah...imagine....we ate 4 times that day only mah....
breakfast, lunch and tea at Yuehwa....dinner at Serangoon North...
i went home still buy bbq chicken wings....yum yum...
infocus
QUOTE(Seacucumber @ Mon, 28 Feb 2005 9:05 pm)
personally, the fish has an obvious advantage in size...
but probably the arc of the back is not smooth....
also i find that the stomach is too big....
makes the fish look unbalanced...

but again, feel that it deserve at least a consolation....

p.s. i am not an expert...so shoot me if i am wrong biggrin.gif

Hee... Not easy to get stomach of this size. Must eat, eat, eat, then can lor. biggrin.gif Maybe the unbalance part cause it to loose. laugh.gif By the way, anyone knows how the judges rate the fishes?
dcd
hi all,
ON behalf of the 1st National Ranchu COmpetition Committee, I would like to thank all people in this Forum for supporting this event. All the best !!

Kindest regards,

Dcd
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.